‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | August 26, 2014 11:23 PM EST
The "Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Old Iron King" downloadable content, or "DLC" from Bandai Namco Games and From Software has been released on Tuesday, Aug. 26, 2014. This new "DLC" is a part of "The Lost Crowns" trilogy. It is a follow-up to the "Crown of the Sunken King" "DLC" that was released on July 22, 2014. Read on to learn more about it.
(L-R) Japan's videogame company Namco Ltd's President Shigeichi Ishimura, Vice-Chairman Kyushiro Takagi, Chairman and founder Masaya Nakamura, Japanese toy maker Bandai Co's President Takeo Takasu and Managing Director Kazunori Ueno attend a joint news conference in Tokyo May 2, 2005. Bandai said on Monday that it planned to take over Namco in a $1.6 billion deal that will bring together the creators of "The Power Rangers" and "Pac-Man".
According to the official website of "Dark Souls 2," the "Crown of the Old Iron King" "DLC" is set in a "Brume Tower" that is located beyond the iron keep. Players must go through all the ash and soot covered area and face new dangers.
IGN reported that the "Crown of the Old Iron King" "DLC" will have new enemies, bosses, traps and environments added to the "Dark Souls 2" players' mission to recover the crowns of King Vendrick. There are three chapters of the "DLC" that can be bought separately. Or, a Season pass can be purchased which enables players to buy all three chapters at a discounted price.
There is also a "Dark Souls 2" Season Pass online game code ($24.99) for the PC download that is available on Amazon (Click HERE to visit the Amazon website) and Steam (Click HERE to visit the Steam website).
According to IGN, the last "DLC" in "The Lost Crowns" trilogy is reportedly titled "Crown of the Ivory King," and it will be available in Sept. 2014.
"Dark Souls 2" is a role playing game, or "RPG" that is set in the Drangleic world. It is known for its difficult gameplay. It offers various options of playing including player versus player, or "PvP," player versus environment, or "PvE" and co-op.
It is a follow-up to "Dark Souls" which was released in 2011 (Sept. 22, 2011 in Japan, Oct. 4, 2011 in North America, Oct. 6, 2011 in Australia and Oct. 7, 2011 in Europe). The first game in this series is "Demon's Souls" which was released in 2009 and 2010 (Feb. 5, 2009 in Japan, Oct. 6, 2009 in North America, June 23, 2010 in Australia and June 25, 2010 in Europe).
For more updates about "Dark Souls 2," as well as other news about gaming, technology, business, science, health, entertainment, sports, finance and economy, keep reading International Business Times.
Watch The "Dark Souls 2 Crown of the Old Iron King" DLC Part 1 - Smelter Wedge:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate