‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | August 26, 2014 11:23 PM EST
The "Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Old Iron King" downloadable content, or "DLC" from Bandai Namco Games and From Software has been released on Tuesday, Aug. 26, 2014. This new "DLC" is a part of "The Lost Crowns" trilogy. It is a follow-up to the "Crown of the Sunken King" "DLC" that was released on July 22, 2014. Read on to learn more about it.
(L-R) Japan's videogame company Namco Ltd's President Shigeichi Ishimura, Vice-Chairman Kyushiro Takagi, Chairman and founder Masaya Nakamura, Japanese toy maker Bandai Co's President Takeo Takasu and Managing Director Kazunori Ueno attend a joint news conference in Tokyo May 2, 2005. Bandai said on Monday that it planned to take over Namco in a $1.6 billion deal that will bring together the creators of "The Power Rangers" and "Pac-Man".
According to the official website of "Dark Souls 2," the "Crown of the Old Iron King" "DLC" is set in a "Brume Tower" that is located beyond the iron keep. Players must go through all the ash and soot covered area and face new dangers.
IGN reported that the "Crown of the Old Iron King" "DLC" will have new enemies, bosses, traps and environments added to the "Dark Souls 2" players' mission to recover the crowns of King Vendrick. There are three chapters of the "DLC" that can be bought separately. Or, a Season pass can be purchased which enables players to buy all three chapters at a discounted price.
There is also a "Dark Souls 2" Season Pass online game code ($24.99) for the PC download that is available on Amazon (Click HERE to visit the Amazon website) and Steam (Click HERE to visit the Steam website).
According to IGN, the last "DLC" in "The Lost Crowns" trilogy is reportedly titled "Crown of the Ivory King," and it will be available in Sept. 2014.
"Dark Souls 2" is a role playing game, or "RPG" that is set in the Drangleic world. It is known for its difficult gameplay. It offers various options of playing including player versus player, or "PvP," player versus environment, or "PvE" and co-op.
It is a follow-up to "Dark Souls" which was released in 2011 (Sept. 22, 2011 in Japan, Oct. 4, 2011 in North America, Oct. 6, 2011 in Australia and Oct. 7, 2011 in Europe). The first game in this series is "Demon's Souls" which was released in 2009 and 2010 (Feb. 5, 2009 in Japan, Oct. 6, 2009 in North America, June 23, 2010 in Australia and June 25, 2010 in Europe).
For more updates about "Dark Souls 2," as well as other news about gaming, technology, business, science, health, entertainment, sports, finance and economy, keep reading International Business Times.
Watch The "Dark Souls 2 Crown of the Old Iron King" DLC Part 1 - Smelter Wedge:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- ‘Minecraft’ Buyout By Microsoft Complete as Mojang's Notch Says His Farewell
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date