'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Kol Mikaelson To Appear Only In Flashbacks, Original Witch Esther Could Bring Son Back
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 26, 2014 7:33 PM EST
Fans of Kol Mikaelson (Nathaniel Buzolic) are excited to see the character once again in "The Originals" Season 2 after appearing in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 3 and 4. Kol, who is currently a ghost, will emerge in the upcoming new season through a flashback scene but executive producer Julie Plec teased that there is a possibility for the bad boy vampire to come back from the dead.
Kol's return has been confirmed in the preview trailer shown at the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con. An Entertainment Weekly report further confirmed that fans can see Kol Mikaelson as early as the second episode of "The Originals" Season 2 through flashback scenes.
When asked if the fans can see Kol in the present time, executive producer Julie Plec teased that it all depends with Original witch Esther (Alice Evans), who was resurrected in Cassie's body (Natalie Dreyfuss) in "The Originals" Season 1 finale. "We'll have to see just how crafty Esther was when she was yanking people over from the other side," Plec stated.
Kol Mikaelson got introduced in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 3 as one of the Original siblings. Aussie actor Nathaniel Buzolic portrayed the character in the CW TV series.
The vampire character made an appearance in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 as a ghost on the Other Side. Fans can recall that Jeremy Gilbert (Steven R McQueen) killed the Original vampire with the White Oak Stake in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 4.
If Kol returns from the dead, there will be a Mikaelson family reunion in "The Originals" Season 2. Esther came back with someone presumed to be her devoted son, Finn, Davina (Danielle Campbell) succeeded in bringing back Mikael (Sebastian Roché) from the dead and Rebekah (Claire Holt) will be making recurring appearances as the guardian of hybrid baby Hope Mikaelson.
However, the Mikaelson family reunion will not be a pleasant one since the Original parents bring trouble to Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies) in New Orleans. The ending scene of "The Originals" Season 2 preview trailer even teased that Elijah and Klaus will be dealing with their resurrected parents with the Original hybrid even asking his brother which of their parents should be killed first.
"The Originals" Season is scheduled to premiere on Monday night, Oct. 6, at 8 p.m. ET/PT on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'The Originals' Season 2 Casting News: Producers Searching For Actress To Portray New Character Ingrid - [READ]
The Originals Season 2 Spoilers: Devious Maids Actor Colin Woodell to Portray Badass Werewolf Aiden in New Season - [READ]
The Vampire Diaries, The Originals: CW Stars Gather for TV Series' New Season Promo Shoot - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Spoiler Update: Return of ‘Asylum’ Character
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate