Elisabetta Canalis Talks About Failed Relationship with Ex-Boyfriend George Clooney
By Anne Lu | August 26, 2014 6:59 PM EST
George Clooney’s ex-girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis has opened up about her relationship with the A-list hunk. The Italian actress is set to be married in the same month and country as Clooney.
Actor and director George Clooney arrives for the UK premiere of his film "The Monuments Men" in London in this February 11, 2014 file photo. Hollywood leading man George Clooney, who has said he was not suited for marriage, is engaged to British lawyer Amal Alamuddin, according to media reports on April 26, 2014.
The ex-couple dated for more than a year before separating in June 2011. Clooney then dated former WWE Diva Stacy Kiebler for two years before settling for human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin, whom he is now engaged.
Canalis, on the other hand, formed a brief relationship with “Jackass” star Steve-O. She is now engaged to orthopaedic surgeon Brian Perri, and they are set to be married on September 14 in Sardinia, Italy.
Reports claim that Clooney and Alamuddin will also get married in Italy in September. When asked about the similarities of their wedding plans, Canalis said it’s just a coincidence.
“I chose the date some time ago and September is the most beautiful time – for those who do not know Sardinia – to appreciate it,” she told Italy’s Chi magazine. “Otherwise, I would have had to wait a year.”
While dating Clooney in the past, she had rarely talked about Clooney and their relationship in the press. But now that they’re over, Canadlis has kind words for her ex, but isn’t going to devote her time talking about him.
“I am happy for him, but I am thinking only of my happiness,” she said. “It is the most important day of my life, I don’t have to think of anyone else.”
As for the rumours that she and Clooney had a professional rather than a romantic relationship, Canalis dismissed such claims.
“That is the wrong impression that many have made and I do not have any problems speaking about him,” she explained. “There is no mystery, no contract, no secrets to hide. So many people believe that a relationship with such a famous person, always in the spotlight, was not possible.
“Instead, we had a real connection and it ended as all relationships can end.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate