Elisabetta Canalis Talks About Failed Relationship with Ex-Boyfriend George Clooney
By Anne Lu | August 26, 2014 6:59 PM EST
George Clooney’s ex-girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis has opened up about her relationship with the A-list hunk. The Italian actress is set to be married in the same month and country as Clooney.
Actor and director George Clooney arrives for the UK premiere of his film "The Monuments Men" in London in this February 11, 2014 file photo. Hollywood leading man George Clooney, who has said he was not suited for marriage, is engaged to British lawyer Amal Alamuddin, according to media reports on April 26, 2014.
The ex-couple dated for more than a year before separating in June 2011. Clooney then dated former WWE Diva Stacy Kiebler for two years before settling for human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin, whom he is now engaged.
Canalis, on the other hand, formed a brief relationship with “Jackass” star Steve-O. She is now engaged to orthopaedic surgeon Brian Perri, and they are set to be married on September 14 in Sardinia, Italy.
Reports claim that Clooney and Alamuddin will also get married in Italy in September. When asked about the similarities of their wedding plans, Canalis said it’s just a coincidence.
“I chose the date some time ago and September is the most beautiful time – for those who do not know Sardinia – to appreciate it,” she told Italy’s Chi magazine. “Otherwise, I would have had to wait a year.”
While dating Clooney in the past, she had rarely talked about Clooney and their relationship in the press. But now that they’re over, Canadlis has kind words for her ex, but isn’t going to devote her time talking about him.
“I am happy for him, but I am thinking only of my happiness,” she said. “It is the most important day of my life, I don’t have to think of anyone else.”
As for the rumours that she and Clooney had a professional rather than a romantic relationship, Canalis dismissed such claims.
“That is the wrong impression that many have made and I do not have any problems speaking about him,” she explained. “There is no mystery, no contract, no secrets to hide. So many people believe that a relationship with such a famous person, always in the spotlight, was not possible.
“Instead, we had a real connection and it ended as all relationships can end.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date