Elisabetta Canalis Talks About Failed Relationship with Ex-Boyfriend George Clooney
By Anne Lu | August 26, 2014 6:59 PM EST
George Clooney’s ex-girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis has opened up about her relationship with the A-list hunk. The Italian actress is set to be married in the same month and country as Clooney.
Actor and director George Clooney arrives for the UK premiere of his film "The Monuments Men" in London in this February 11, 2014 file photo. Hollywood leading man George Clooney, who has said he was not suited for marriage, is engaged to British lawyer Amal Alamuddin, according to media reports on April 26, 2014.
The ex-couple dated for more than a year before separating in June 2011. Clooney then dated former WWE Diva Stacy Kiebler for two years before settling for human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin, whom he is now engaged.
Canalis, on the other hand, formed a brief relationship with “Jackass” star Steve-O. She is now engaged to orthopaedic surgeon Brian Perri, and they are set to be married on September 14 in Sardinia, Italy.
Reports claim that Clooney and Alamuddin will also get married in Italy in September. When asked about the similarities of their wedding plans, Canalis said it’s just a coincidence.
“I chose the date some time ago and September is the most beautiful time – for those who do not know Sardinia – to appreciate it,” she told Italy’s Chi magazine. “Otherwise, I would have had to wait a year.”
While dating Clooney in the past, she had rarely talked about Clooney and their relationship in the press. But now that they’re over, Canadlis has kind words for her ex, but isn’t going to devote her time talking about him.
“I am happy for him, but I am thinking only of my happiness,” she said. “It is the most important day of my life, I don’t have to think of anyone else.”
As for the rumours that she and Clooney had a professional rather than a romantic relationship, Canalis dismissed such claims.
“That is the wrong impression that many have made and I do not have any problems speaking about him,” she explained. “There is no mystery, no contract, no secrets to hide. So many people believe that a relationship with such a famous person, always in the spotlight, was not possible.
“Instead, we had a real connection and it ended as all relationships can end.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’