Elisabetta Canalis Talks About Failed Relationship with Ex-Boyfriend George Clooney
By Anne Lu | August 26, 2014 6:59 PM EST
George Clooney’s ex-girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis has opened up about her relationship with the A-list hunk. The Italian actress is set to be married in the same month and country as Clooney.
Actor and director George Clooney arrives for the UK premiere of his film "The Monuments Men" in London in this February 11, 2014 file photo. Hollywood leading man George Clooney, who has said he was not suited for marriage, is engaged to British lawyer Amal Alamuddin, according to media reports on April 26, 2014.
The ex-couple dated for more than a year before separating in June 2011. Clooney then dated former WWE Diva Stacy Kiebler for two years before settling for human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin, whom he is now engaged.
Canalis, on the other hand, formed a brief relationship with “Jackass” star Steve-O. She is now engaged to orthopaedic surgeon Brian Perri, and they are set to be married on September 14 in Sardinia, Italy.
Reports claim that Clooney and Alamuddin will also get married in Italy in September. When asked about the similarities of their wedding plans, Canalis said it’s just a coincidence.
“I chose the date some time ago and September is the most beautiful time – for those who do not know Sardinia – to appreciate it,” she told Italy’s Chi magazine. “Otherwise, I would have had to wait a year.”
While dating Clooney in the past, she had rarely talked about Clooney and their relationship in the press. But now that they’re over, Canadlis has kind words for her ex, but isn’t going to devote her time talking about him.
“I am happy for him, but I am thinking only of my happiness,” she said. “It is the most important day of my life, I don’t have to think of anyone else.”
As for the rumours that she and Clooney had a professional rather than a romantic relationship, Canalis dismissed such claims.
“That is the wrong impression that many have made and I do not have any problems speaking about him,” she explained. “There is no mystery, no contract, no secrets to hide. So many people believe that a relationship with such a famous person, always in the spotlight, was not possible.
“Instead, we had a real connection and it ended as all relationships can end.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon