Elisabetta Canalis Talks About Failed Relationship with Ex-Boyfriend George Clooney
By Anne Lu | August 26, 2014 6:59 PM EST
George Clooney’s ex-girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis has opened up about her relationship with the A-list hunk. The Italian actress is set to be married in the same month and country as Clooney.
Actor and director George Clooney arrives for the UK premiere of his film "The Monuments Men" in London in this February 11, 2014 file photo. Hollywood leading man George Clooney, who has said he was not suited for marriage, is engaged to British lawyer Amal Alamuddin, according to media reports on April 26, 2014.
The ex-couple dated for more than a year before separating in June 2011. Clooney then dated former WWE Diva Stacy Kiebler for two years before settling for human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin, whom he is now engaged.
Canalis, on the other hand, formed a brief relationship with “Jackass” star Steve-O. She is now engaged to orthopaedic surgeon Brian Perri, and they are set to be married on September 14 in Sardinia, Italy.
Reports claim that Clooney and Alamuddin will also get married in Italy in September. When asked about the similarities of their wedding plans, Canalis said it’s just a coincidence.
“I chose the date some time ago and September is the most beautiful time – for those who do not know Sardinia – to appreciate it,” she told Italy’s Chi magazine. “Otherwise, I would have had to wait a year.”
While dating Clooney in the past, she had rarely talked about Clooney and their relationship in the press. But now that they’re over, Canadlis has kind words for her ex, but isn’t going to devote her time talking about him.
“I am happy for him, but I am thinking only of my happiness,” she said. “It is the most important day of my life, I don’t have to think of anyone else.”
As for the rumours that she and Clooney had a professional rather than a romantic relationship, Canalis dismissed such claims.
“That is the wrong impression that many have made and I do not have any problems speaking about him,” she explained. “There is no mystery, no contract, no secrets to hide. So many people believe that a relationship with such a famous person, always in the spotlight, was not possible.
“Instead, we had a real connection and it ended as all relationships can end.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]