‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 26, 2014 5:40 PM EST
The penultimate episode of "The Big Bang Theory" Season 7 saw Leonard and Penny getting engaged. Leonard pulled out a ring from his wallet, got down in his knee, and proposed to Penny. It was a big yes from Penny. In the season finale, they were planning to move-in together, minus Sheldon. Penny wanted her brother to come out of jail before fixing a wedding date. Now, it looks like there are other reasons, as well, which will delay the wedding of this much-loved onscreen couple. One of the primary reason is Penny's new job.
Actress Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting and tennis player Ryan Sweeting pose at the 4th annual Critics' Choice Television Awards in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
As previously reported, the new season of "The Big Bang Theory" will see Penny taking-up the job of pharmaceutical sales representative at Bernadette's company. She will excel in her new job and will be making good money, which will cause a friction between Penny and Leonard.
TV Line reports that Steven Molaro, showrunner of the show, has indicated that Leonard and Penny are unlikely to get married in Season 8. TV Line quoted him as saying, "I can't say for sure [about Penny, Leonard's wedding in Season 8], but I doubt it."
Molaro said to TV Line that Penny and Leonard are in a "great place" and that "they're the kind of couple where they can be engaged for a while and that's fine."
The opening episode of Season 8 will see Penny working as a pharmaceutical sales rep. According to Molaro, [the new job] "... will be taking up a lot of her time and energy" and her acting career, which has failed to take-off, has been "put on the backburner for a while."
"She's [Penny] cute and flirty and gets along with people, and she's great at memorizing lines. This is a job that will fit her personality and talents well," Molaro said to TV Line.
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 is scheduled to premiere on Sept. 22, with two episodes. After nearly a week's delay, the production on the season started on Aug. 08.
Meanwhile, Jim Parsons, who plays Sheldon, has won his fourth Emmy, Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series award, at the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards. The actor thanked his late father during his acceptance speech and also acknowledged his fellow-actors.
"To say that I watch your work and I feel inspired is a bit of an understatement. I watch you work and see you people doing things I couldn't do. That I wouldn't do. That are so divergent and all over the place. All of us doing different things that I do pray to do one day," Parsons said, acknowledging his fellow actors, who were in the audience.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand