‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 26, 2014 5:40 PM EST
The penultimate episode of "The Big Bang Theory" Season 7 saw Leonard and Penny getting engaged. Leonard pulled out a ring from his wallet, got down in his knee, and proposed to Penny. It was a big yes from Penny. In the season finale, they were planning to move-in together, minus Sheldon. Penny wanted her brother to come out of jail before fixing a wedding date. Now, it looks like there are other reasons, as well, which will delay the wedding of this much-loved onscreen couple. One of the primary reason is Penny's new job.
Actress Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting and tennis player Ryan Sweeting pose at the 4th annual Critics' Choice Television Awards in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
As previously reported, the new season of "The Big Bang Theory" will see Penny taking-up the job of pharmaceutical sales representative at Bernadette's company. She will excel in her new job and will be making good money, which will cause a friction between Penny and Leonard.
TV Line reports that Steven Molaro, showrunner of the show, has indicated that Leonard and Penny are unlikely to get married in Season 8. TV Line quoted him as saying, "I can't say for sure [about Penny, Leonard's wedding in Season 8], but I doubt it."
Molaro said to TV Line that Penny and Leonard are in a "great place" and that "they're the kind of couple where they can be engaged for a while and that's fine."
The opening episode of Season 8 will see Penny working as a pharmaceutical sales rep. According to Molaro, [the new job] "... will be taking up a lot of her time and energy" and her acting career, which has failed to take-off, has been "put on the backburner for a while."
"She's [Penny] cute and flirty and gets along with people, and she's great at memorizing lines. This is a job that will fit her personality and talents well," Molaro said to TV Line.
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 is scheduled to premiere on Sept. 22, with two episodes. After nearly a week's delay, the production on the season started on Aug. 08.
Meanwhile, Jim Parsons, who plays Sheldon, has won his fourth Emmy, Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series award, at the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards. The actor thanked his late father during his acceptance speech and also acknowledged his fellow-actors.
"To say that I watch your work and I feel inspired is a bit of an understatement. I watch you work and see you people doing things I couldn't do. That I wouldn't do. That are so divergent and all over the place. All of us doing different things that I do pray to do one day," Parsons said, acknowledging his fellow actors, who were in the audience.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft