MTV Star Diem Brown Now Battles Colon Cancer After Struggling With Ovarian Cancer Twice
By Annie Dee | August 26, 2014 3:43 PM EST
Diem Brown has battled cancer from age 23. In the course of nine years, the MTV star has battled ovarian cancer twice, showing courage as she strives to work and survive from the deathly disease at the same time. However, she's now facing her toughest battle yet: a newly-diagnosed colon cancer.
People Magazine learned while shooting for a new reality show overseas, the actress, now 32, collapsed and had to be airlifted to New York, she immediately went under the knife. The actress's sister, Megan Brown shared to People that there is a new tumor found to be blocking her colon completely and an immediate surgery was necessary that evening. Unfortunately, even though one tumor blocking her colon was removed successfully, the doctors found more tumors inside, the sister shared.
The sister also shared that Diem had to undergo a second emergency surgery three days later when the first operation caused an infection on her abdomen. Currently, the reality star is recuperating in the ICU and is already in a stable condition. She is still however, closely monitored by doctors and is bound in bed for two more weeks. Megan shared more of her sister's ordeal at the hospital.
"The second surgery was two steps back," says Megan. "But hopefully in the next few weeks she'll be well enough to start chemo."
"She's in and out," Megan adds. "She's on a lot of medication but every once and awhile you'll see her spirit, the light back in her eyes."
Diem became a household name after partaking on MTV's Real World/Road Rules Challenge. She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at the tender age of 23, and as a result, got one ovary, multiple lymph nodes and a part of her fallopian tube removed. Her cancer returned when she reached 30 in 2012 and she dealt with it by writing about her journey in a blog for People.com.
Just earlier this month, Brown shared to People.com that cliché as it sounds, cancer did change her as a person. She appreciates life more and she's trying to "live every day to the fullest" and appreciate everything.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?