Motorola Moto E vs. Samsung Galaxy Core Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 26, 2014 2:50 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Motorola Moto E or the Samsung Galaxy Core, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Motorola Moto E comes with a 4.3-inch capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The Samsung Galaxy Core comes with a 4.3-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. The Moto E has a slight edge in this category with 256 ppi pixels display density compared to the 217 ppi pixels display density on the Galaxy Core.
The Motorola Moto E measures 124.8 x 64.8 x 12.3 mm and weighs 142 grams. The Samsung Galaxy Core has a similar design. The device measures 129.3 x 67.6 x 9 mm and weighs 124 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Motorola Moto E is equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual core processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy Core is equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual core Cortex A5 processor and Snapdragon MSM8225 S4 Play chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Motorola Moto E runs on the Android KitKat operating system and the Samsung Galaxy Core runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system. Both the devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, both the devices are about the same.
The Motorola Moto E sports a 5 MP camera and does not have a secondary camera. The Samsung Galaxy Core sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The Motorola Moto E comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 1980 mAh battery and the Samsung Galaxy Core comes with a Li-Ion 1800 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The Motorola Moto E is priced at around AU $189.95 and the Samsung Galaxy Core Duos is priced at around AU $199.95 in Australia.
LG G3 Beat vs LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 vs. LG G2 Mini Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Sony Xperia Z4: Top Things Unveiled So Far
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Apple Watch: Works Only With The iPhone And The Confusing Apple WatchKit Software
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports