St.Kilda Saints Take ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, Nominate Molly Medrum, Eric Bana and Glenn Maxwell
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | August 26, 2014 2:28 PM EST
St Kilda accepted the ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) Ice Bucket Challenge that took social media by storm to raise funds and awareness for the motor neuron disease.
Former U.S. President George W. Bush takes the "Ice Bucket Challenge" which aims to raise money and awareness for ALS, in this still image taken from video, August 20, 2014, courtesy of George W Bush. Bush posted video evidence of his soaking on Facebook. "Yesterday was Bill's birthday and my gift to Bill is a bucket of cold water," Bush said in his Facebook video, after being drenched by his wife, former First Lady Laura Bush.
Saints players Leigh Montagna and Jack Steven, CEO Matt Finnis and Senior Coach Alan Richardson took the challenge and nominated celebrities Molly Meldrum, Eric Bana, Australian and Victorian cricketer Glenn Maxwell.
Nick Riewoldt poured the ice filled bucket on Finnis, while Dylan Roberton, Dennis-Lane, Tom Simpkin and Adam Schneider drenched their coach and teammates with freezing cold ice.
Over the past couple of weeks, the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has been the rage across the Internet. The deal is pretty straightforward, when challenged by someone, you have 24 hours to do the challenge and post a video of yourself or donate $100.
The challenge aims to raise awareness about the disease that attacks the motor neurons in an ascending order. Usually, cognitive functions remain normal during the course of the disease and it does not affect the brain per se.
Thus far, it appears that every celebrity is on it, from politicians, to pop stars, to athletes, as well as millions of ordinary netizens.
Ben Affleck was nominated by Tyler Perry and nominated Neil Patrick Harris, Jimmy Kimmel, Matt Damon and Jennifer Garner. Robert Downey Jr., who plays Iron Man nominated Chris Hemsworth, who plays Thor and then he challenged Avengers Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, and Chis Evans.
Former USA President George W. Bush was also soaked with ice cold water by his wife Laura Bush and nominated Bill Clinton. President Obama was also nominated by NBA superstar LeBron James, but he decided to make a donation instead.
As of Sunday, August 24, 2014, the ALS Association raised a total of $70.2 million donation compared to $2.5 million donation during the same time last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks