Sony Xperia M2 vs. Nokia Lumia 1320 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 26, 2014 1:32 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Sony Xperia M2 or the Nokia Lumia 1320, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A model displays the Lumia 1320 smartphone during its launch in Abu Dhabi October 22, 2013. Nokia unveiled its first tablet and two large-screen smartphones, known as phablets, at the annual Nokia World event in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday. REUTERS/Ben Job
Display and Design
The Sony Xperia M2 comes with a 4.8-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The Nokia Lumia 1320 comes with a 6-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. Both the devices are about the same in this category. The Xperia M2 has 229 ppi pixels display density compared to the 245 ppi pixels display density on the Lumia 1320.
The Sony Xperia M2 measures 139.7 x 71.1 x 8.6 mm and weighs 148 grams. The Nokia Lumia 1320 is comparatively bigger, wider, thicker and heavier. The device measures 164.2 x 85.9 x 9.8 mm and weighs 220 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Sony Xperia M2 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nokia Lumia 1320 is equipped with a 1.7 GHz dual core Krait 300 processor and Qualcomm MSM8930AB Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia M2 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The Nokia Lumia 1320 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system, which can be upgraded to the 8.1 version. Both the devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the Xperia M2 has a slight edge.
The Sony Xperia M2 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera. The Nokia Lumia 1320 sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The Sony Xperia M2 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2300 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 14 hours and 36 minutes on 3G or music play of about 58 hours and 25 minutes. The Nokia Lumia 1320 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3400 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G or music play of about 98 hours.
Price in Australia
The Sony Xperia M2 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $269.95 and the Nokia Lumia 1320 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $279.95 in Australia.
LG G3 Beat vs LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- The Release of Xperia Z3 is Nearing Sony Slashes Price of the Xperia Z2 by $200
- The Best Smartphones Yet To Be Released in 2014
- Samsung’s Smartwatch to Have Mobile Payment and Fingerprint Scanner in 2015
- Google Nexus 9 Know More About the Size of its Battery
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional