Suge Knight Lost A Lot of Blood From Pre-VMA Party Shooting, Family Asks For Prayers and Positivity
By Annie Dee | August 26, 2014 1:28 PM EST
Hip-hop mogul, Marion "Suge" Knight is currently recuperating at a local hospital but has "lost a lot of blood" according to his family on Monday, after being shot and fatally injured at a Los Angeles nightclub over the weekend. The family is asking for prayers during this trying period of the mogul's life.
CEO of Black Kapital Records Suge Knight is seen following the Miguel Cotto and Floyd Mayweather Jr. title fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada in this May 5, 2012, file photo.
On Sunday morning, the 49-year old mogul was struck by bullets by a still unknown gunman who opened fire at a club in West Hollywood during a party hosted by Chris Brown in advance of the MTV Music Video Awards to be held that Sunday night.
Reuters reports that based on the written statement provided by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Knight is expected to survive this ordeal. Two other people who were also shot by the gunman, a 19-year old woman and 33-yeard man is also expected to recover from their injuries, the statement confirmed.
Despite this fortunate news, the family of the co-founder of Death Row Records wants the public to keep Suge on their prayers because he lost a lot of blood. The family posted a message through Suge's Facebook page asking the public to pray for the mogul's quick recovery and to stay away from negative write-ups against the mogul behind renowned rap stars such as Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg and more others.
"The family of Suge Knight ask that you keep Suge in your prayers and to stray away from the negativity portrayed by the media," Knight's family wrote on his Facebook page. "Suge is currently resting and has lost a lot of blood, he's human. He's done a lot of things for the community and the culture as a whole so we ask that you respect that," the family added.
It seems that the gunman was really aiming for Knight, based on the written statement by a sheriff's spokeswoman.
"Video at the club shows the suspect, a black-male adult, shoot a handgun at victim Knight, striking him and two other victims who were in Knight's vicinity."
Moreover, this was not Knight's first time being shot at a pre-VMA party. He also got shot during the pre-party of the 2005 VMA show, then hosted by rapper Kanye West, CNN reports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast