Suge Knight Lost A Lot of Blood From Pre-VMA Party Shooting, Family Asks For Prayers and Positivity
By Annie Dee | August 26, 2014 1:28 PM EST
Hip-hop mogul, Marion "Suge" Knight is currently recuperating at a local hospital but has "lost a lot of blood" according to his family on Monday, after being shot and fatally injured at a Los Angeles nightclub over the weekend. The family is asking for prayers during this trying period of the mogul's life.
CEO of Black Kapital Records Suge Knight is seen following the Miguel Cotto and Floyd Mayweather Jr. title fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada in this May 5, 2012, file photo.
On Sunday morning, the 49-year old mogul was struck by bullets by a still unknown gunman who opened fire at a club in West Hollywood during a party hosted by Chris Brown in advance of the MTV Music Video Awards to be held that Sunday night.
Reuters reports that based on the written statement provided by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Knight is expected to survive this ordeal. Two other people who were also shot by the gunman, a 19-year old woman and 33-yeard man is also expected to recover from their injuries, the statement confirmed.
Despite this fortunate news, the family of the co-founder of Death Row Records wants the public to keep Suge on their prayers because he lost a lot of blood. The family posted a message through Suge's Facebook page asking the public to pray for the mogul's quick recovery and to stay away from negative write-ups against the mogul behind renowned rap stars such as Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg and more others.
"The family of Suge Knight ask that you keep Suge in your prayers and to stray away from the negativity portrayed by the media," Knight's family wrote on his Facebook page. "Suge is currently resting and has lost a lot of blood, he's human. He's done a lot of things for the community and the culture as a whole so we ask that you respect that," the family added.
It seems that the gunman was really aiming for Knight, based on the written statement by a sheriff's spokeswoman.
"Video at the club shows the suspect, a black-male adult, shoot a handgun at victim Knight, striking him and two other victims who were in Knight's vicinity."
Moreover, this was not Knight's first time being shot at a pre-VMA party. He also got shot during the pre-party of the 2005 VMA show, then hosted by rapper Kanye West, CNN reports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money