Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 To Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUDNF2 Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | August 26, 2014 1:05 PM EST
Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUDNF2 for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 LTE is now available for download and can be installed manually using the Odin flash tool on a computer, which will update the device to this new firmware.
1. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings stored on the Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 LTE.
2. Battery level should be at least 50 percent to prevent power interruption during installation.
3. Enable USB debugging mode on the smartphone which can be found under the Settings menu.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions to any avoid issue. Do this at your own risk.
1. Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 LTE.
2. Reboot into Download mode by pressing and holding volume down, home and power keys at the same time till the Android logo appears.
3. Extract the Odin flash tool and the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware to an easy access location on the computer.
4. Launch the Odin flash tool on the computer.
5. Connect the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 to the computer using a USB cable.
6. ID:COM should turn yellow if device has been detected by the computer. Otherwise, install the necessary USB drivers as mentioned above.
7. On the Odin flash tool, select the following files for the installation:
a. Click PDA then select the file with CODE in its name.
b. Click PHONE then select the file with MODEM in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
c. Click CSC then select the file with CSC in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
d. Click on PIT then select the ".pit" file. If not found, ignore this step.
8. Check on the AUTO REBOOT and F.RESET TIME on the Odin flash tool.
9. DO NOT check the RE-PARTITION option on the Odin flash tool if there is NO ".pit" file used.
10. Hit the START button to begin installation on the Odin flash tool.
11. After the installation which may take up to five minutes, the device will restart.
12. Once the smartphone reaches the home screen, it can now be unplugged from the USB connection.
For any bugs or issues, please send your feedback to Team Android Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE Android 4.4.2 KitKat Web page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Sprint, Boost Mobile And Virgin Mobile Set To Sell Windows Phone Handset
- ‘GTA V' Heists Release Date Update: Rockstar Confirms DLC Out In ‘Early 2015'
- High-End Tablets Face-Off: Google’s Nexus 9 Versus Apple’s iPad Air 2
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including The Satchel Of Savage Mysteries, Zidormi In Dustwallow Marsh And The Frostwall Mines
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ News: More On Volcanion Event And Easy To Catch Legendaries