'Batman: Arkham Knight': A Look at the Titular Villain’s Costume Design and Mind
By Gel Galang | August 26, 2014 12:51 PM EST
Rocksteady has really reserved the ultimate fighter and nemesis for The Batman in the latest and last installment, "Batman: Arkham Knight."
Attendees look over the new Batman outfit on at the comic franchise's 75th anniversary display during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 24, 2014. Picture taken July 24, 2014. REUTERS/Sandy Huffaker
The titular main villain for "Batman: Arkham Knight" has a very undeniable and villainous air that makes him look like the total foil to the Caped Crusader, and it's not just in name alone.
Gamers are promised the ultimate match, because they're not just looking at another throwaway villain who's no match for The Bat--he's actually the arch rival that fans may have been waiting for. LazyGamer reports that apart from intellect and brawn, Arkham Knight also matches Batman in terms of psychological warfare, a fact seen even in his costume.
The Arkham Knight hides behind a mask, but it's not just to follow the fad of superheroes, but because the mask is there to hide the identity of the Arkham Knight. But more than that, the mask also provides a more practical function, which is to give him details of Gothan City as projected in his visor.
There are even the matching pointed ears that can also be seen in Batman's cowl. But as detailed in the latest GamesTM issue as reported by LazyGamer, even these serve a purpose in the military-like countenance of Arkham Knight. The ears are actually transmitters for relaying commands to the troops in the battleground as well as the fact that the similarity is meant for a more psychological attack on The Bat.
Another seeming mockery of The Bat's batsuit is the Arkham Knight's own utility belt. The belt also serves to differentiate the two personalities--with Batman taking on the more standard approach to wearing the utility belt while Arkham Knight goes the "badder" approach, where his equipment are more for confrontational attacks.
What adds to the military look of the Arkham Knight is his camouflage uniform, made distinct by the red marks. According to the report, this distinguishes him from his troops and at the same time, it bears reflective parts that would work to his favor in battle.
Check out the excerpt detailing some of the features coming with the armour design for the villain Arkham Knight in the link above.
Gameranx does add a bit of trivia, wherein according to an insider source, the much-speculated identity of the Arkham Knight may actually be Azrael. This considers one of the events preceding "Batman: Arkham Knight," as one aspect of the villain's costume is the plate armour that protects him from the Batclaw.
Of course, this remains highly speculative, as Rocksteady is keeping a tight fist on the juicier details of the game.
As far as Arkham Knight's dealings with other villains, particularly Scarecrow, The Sixth Axis adds that there seems to be a strained business relationship between the two. On the one hand, the Arkham Knight gives off the stance of a man who doesn't abide by the commands of someone else, but at the same time, Scarecrow, who is supposed to be the main villain of the game, seems to have some form of control over him.
How this will play in the overall story and gameplay of "Batman: Arkham Knight" remains to be seen. But fans would have to wait, as the release date of the game for the PS4, Xbox One and PC is not until 2015.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories