VMA 2014: Cryptic Beyoncé Lyrics Address Divorce Reports
By Tanya Diente | August 26, 2014 12:38 PM EST
Beyoncé reportedly addressed divorce rumours through her hit songs during her stage performance at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards. .
Singer Beyonce Knowles arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York in this May 5, 2014 file photo. Beyonce, basketball player LeBron James and record producer and rapper Dr. Dre headed Forbe's list of most powerful celebrities released on June 30, 2014. With estimated earnings of $115 million for 2014 and a string of hits Beyonce, 32, nabbed the top spot on the annual list.
The Queen Bey and husband Jay-Z are not heading for a divorce. At least that's what reports are saying after the singer made her public declaration of love to her family on stage.
According to Inquisitr, Beyoncé opened her performance at the 2014 MTV VMA with the song "Mine." The site claims it was the singer's way of addressing all the rumours about her marriage to the rapper.
The singer looked emotional as she sang the cryptic lyrics to the song, which goes "Been having conversations about breakups and separations/I'm not feeling like myself since the baby/Are we gonna even make it?"
Then she followed it up with "Haunted," the lyrics of which are said to be very telling, with lines such as: "It's where we go/It's where we'll be/I know if I'm on to you, I'm on to you/On to you, you must be on to me."
Then she belted out "Drunk in Love." According to the site, the audience anticipated a duet with Jay-Z; however, the rapper remained glued to his seat as the camera zooms in on him while he cradles their daughter Blue Ivy on his lap. The rapper reportedly didn't look happy at first, revealing a blank look on his face.
However, the moment Beyoncé switched to "Flawless," her husband was caught on camera dancing to the song from his seat, with a big smile plastered to his face. The singer's final song was "Blue," while video footage of the family's life played on the background. Clearly, this song is dedicated to the couple's only child.
When her performance was over, Jay-Z went up to the stage with Blue to join Beyoncé. According to Inquisitr, he gave his wife an embrace and a kiss on her head. Then in a public declaration of love, the couple kissed on the lips for the entire world to see. The Stir adds that the kiss was clearly genuine and not staged.
The rapper presented his wife with the "Michael Jackson Vanguard Award," which rendered Beyoncé in tears as she expressed her gratitude. The site reports Beyoncé silenced divorce rumours by proclaiming her love for Blue first by saying, "Blue, Blue, I love you." Then she looked at Jay-Z and said "My beloved, I love you."
According to The Stir, although the couple are going through some rough patches in their marriage, it's obvious that Beyoncé and Jay-Z are still going strong.
Source: YouTube/ bizitoto *HD*
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia