With Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Approaching, Samsung Released A Teaser Highlighting S Pen (Stylus) And Handwriting [Watch Video]
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 26, 2014 12:30 PM EST
The long-awaited Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date is set for Sept. 3. This handset will be unveiled in Samsung's "Unpacked 2014" event. To amplify the expectations, the company has released a teaser that highlights the Galaxy Note 4's S Pen (Stylus) and the various handwriting techniques that can be utilised via the S Pen.
Samsung flags are set up at the main entrance to the Berlin fair ground before the IFA consumer electronics fair in Berlin in this August 28, 2012 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
HTC One M8 (For Windows) vs. HTC One M8 (For Android) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
The teaser also showcases how users can employ the stylus for various purposes without the need for a QWERTY keyboard. The teaser ends with a note from the company reminding the date of release, according to Phone Arena.
With expectations surrounding the Galaxy Note 4 rocketing, the specifications and features have been rumoured very heavily. Here is a set of specification that was leaked recently from Indonesia picked up by Phone Arena.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will reportedly come with a 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display and 1,440 x 2,560 pixels resolution. The upcoming phablet will be powered by two processors specific to regions. A quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 805) chipset clocked at 2.5 GHz pertaining to model number SM-N910S and an octa-core Exynos 5433 processor along with four 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53 cores and four Cortex-A57 cores tied to the model number SM-N910C.
If the reports are true, the Galaxy Note 4 will be backed by a solid 4 GB of RAM. As far as the camera goes, the device will reportedly sport a good 16 MP rear-facing camera with Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) and dual-LED flash, aiding the camera. Furthermore, the Galaxy Note 4 will come with 16 GB, 32 GB or 64 GB of internal storage capacity. The device will also sport a microSD card slot for further expansion up to 128 GB. In addition, the Note 4 will be accompanied by an improved S Pen stylus.
Apart from supporting the standard connectivity options like Bluetooth v4.0, LTE support, and microUSB, the Galaxy Note 4 will also support NFC and Infrared port. The phablet is expected to run on Android v4.4.3 (KitKat) OS out of the box. However, some of the earlier rumours pointed to Android v4.4.4 (KitKat) OS. Also according to earlier rumours, the Galaxy device will feature a whopping 3600 mAh to 3800 mAh battery unit. It is worth noting that the predecessor Galaxy Note 3 comes with a 3200 mAh battery unit.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phablet is reportedly priced at IDR 9,499,000 in Indonesia, which approximately translates to US$813 and AU$872. Even though Samsung confirmed the device's launch date, there is no word on the specifications so far.
Interested readers should check out the video clip from Samsung Mobile's YouTube channel:
2. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 With Exynos 5433 Processor Spotted In AnTuTu Ranks Higher Than Snapdragon 805 Processor - [Read]
3. 9 Killer Motorola Devices In The Offing - DROID Maxx, Moto X+1, Moto 360, Moto G, Moto S, Nexus (Shamu) And More - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles