Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Alpha And Sony Smartwatch Release Date Roundup [Images Leaked]
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 26, 2014 12:16 PM EST
With leaks about Sony Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact smartphones making waves, we now have information on the upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 tablet. In addition the Galaxy Alpha release date pertaining to the UK is out.
Sony Corp's logo is seen at the headquarters in Tokyo February 6, 2014. Sony Corp Chief Executive Officer Kazuo Hirai said on Thursday that the Japanese consumer electronics company has no plan to immediately sell off its loss-making TV business after selling its personal computer division to an investment fund.
HTC One M8 (For Windows) vs. HTC One M8 (For Android) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet And Smartwatch
Sony posted a promotional advert on the company's official Facebook page on Sunday. The promotion was meant for the upcoming Xperia Z3 tablet compact. However, the user portrayed in the advert having a Tablet in hand was also wearing an Android powered smartwatch on the wrist, according to Phone Arena.
It is worth noting that, both Xperia T3 Tablet and the Android-based smartwatch are still not official. These devices are expected to be unveiled at the IFA 2014 scheduled in Berlin in September. Going by the information picked up from Facebook, the tablet and the smartwatch could come with water-proof exterior owing to the fact that the advert showed the devices close by a pool.
Interested readers should check out the tablet and the smartwatch from the company's official Facebook page.
Samsung Galaxy Alpha
Considered as Apple iPhone 6 competitor, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha will reportedly be available for pre-order from Aug. 28 in the UK. Apparently, the Galaxy Alpha will be unveiled on Sept. 10 at Samsung's Experience Stores and Stratford's Westfield Shopping Center. On Sept. 12, the device will be available for purchase from Carphone Warehouse and Phones4u.
The Galaxy Alpha is expected to be a metal-clad Samsung device with 4.7-inch display. The screen resolution and the pixel density stand at 720 x 1,280 pixels and 312 ppi. Notably, the iPhone 6 is expected to come with the same 4.7-inch display, according to Phone Arena.
Samsung Galaxy Alpha will be powered by a superior octa-core (Exynos 5430) processor and ARM Mali T-628 for graphics. The phone will be backed by 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage capacity. Nevertheless, there will be no microSD card slot for expansion, similar to the Apple iPhone 6. In addition, the Galaxy device will run on Android v4.4.4 OS out of the box.
When it comes to camera, the device will sport a 12 MP rear-facing camera unit and a 2.1 MP front-facing shooter. The phone will be backed by a not-so-impressive 1860 mAh battery unit.
2. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 With Exynos 5433 Processor Spotted In AnTuTu Ranks Higher Than Snapdragon 805 Processor - [Read]
3. 9 Killer Motorola Devices In The Offing - DROID Maxx, Moto X+1, Moto 360, Moto G, Moto S, Nexus (Shamu) And More - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys