Giant UFO Looked Like 'Star Wars' Ship: Illinois Witness
By Afza Fathima | August 26, 2014 12:13 PM EST
According to the Open Minds and Mutual UFO Network witness reporting database, a witness said that on Aug 23, he saw a "giant ship" with a glow move overhead in Waltonville, Jefferson County in Illinois.
Fishing boats are docked at a harbour as Typhoon Matmo approaches the northeastern coastal town of Nanfangao in Ilan county, northern Taiwan, July 22, 2014.
The witness was out fishing with his friends when he noticed the object at a very high altitude. He stated that the object had to be around a half mile long, if not longer, and that the glow wasn't bright but just slight. He was reminded of ships depicted in Hollywood films like that in the Star Wars movie.
He continued that he had seen a lot of things in the sky during the night, but this object was something he'd never seen before.
On Aug 25, the witness submitted an illustration along with his statement. He described the picture as just a basic outline that he made in Paint and that he was unsure of how tall the object was and that the image that he provided was just of the bottom of the object.
While describing the object's movement, he said that it was flying in a straight path moving towards the north from where he was and it flew out of visual range.
The Illinois branch of MUFON is investigating.
UFO Alert Rating System has 5 levels ranging from 1 to 4 with states who report more than 150 UFO sightings have the rating Alert 1, those which have 100 or more Alert 2, 25 reports and more Alert 3, 13 or more Alert 4 and states with less than that an Alert 5.
Illinois has a UFO Alert Rating much higher than the average number of recent reports nationally with the rating being 4 as Illinois had 22 UFO reports in July 2014 which is the 12th highest. California had the highest number of reports at 104 with Alert 2 along with ther states like Texas, Michigan, Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania and Washington which have either an Alert 2 or 3 based on the reports of July. In total, California had 104 cases in July, 102 in May, 80 in April, 103 in March, 59 in February and 102 in January.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- Aurora Borealis Paints A Beautiful Picture On The Northern Skies [Watch Video]
- West Seattle Man Accuses Stranger Obese Woman Of Rape While He Was Asleep
- Testicular Cancer Survivor Pushes 6-Foot Giant Ball Across The US To Create Awareness About Ailment
- What Is Black Apple -- And Why It Matters
- Sleep Well To Work Better And More
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up