Giant UFO Looked Like 'Star Wars' Ship: Illinois Witness
By Afza Fathima | August 26, 2014 12:13 PM EST
According to the Open Minds and Mutual UFO Network witness reporting database, a witness said that on Aug 23, he saw a "giant ship" with a glow move overhead in Waltonville, Jefferson County in Illinois.
Fishing boats are docked at a harbour as Typhoon Matmo approaches the northeastern coastal town of Nanfangao in Ilan county, northern Taiwan, July 22, 2014.
The witness was out fishing with his friends when he noticed the object at a very high altitude. He stated that the object had to be around a half mile long, if not longer, and that the glow wasn't bright but just slight. He was reminded of ships depicted in Hollywood films like that in the Star Wars movie.
He continued that he had seen a lot of things in the sky during the night, but this object was something he'd never seen before.
On Aug 25, the witness submitted an illustration along with his statement. He described the picture as just a basic outline that he made in Paint and that he was unsure of how tall the object was and that the image that he provided was just of the bottom of the object.
While describing the object's movement, he said that it was flying in a straight path moving towards the north from where he was and it flew out of visual range.
The Illinois branch of MUFON is investigating.
UFO Alert Rating System has 5 levels ranging from 1 to 4 with states who report more than 150 UFO sightings have the rating Alert 1, those which have 100 or more Alert 2, 25 reports and more Alert 3, 13 or more Alert 4 and states with less than that an Alert 5.
Illinois has a UFO Alert Rating much higher than the average number of recent reports nationally with the rating being 4 as Illinois had 22 UFO reports in July 2014 which is the 12th highest. California had the highest number of reports at 104 with Alert 2 along with ther states like Texas, Michigan, Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania and Washington which have either an Alert 2 or 3 based on the reports of July. In total, California had 104 cases in July, 102 in May, 80 in April, 103 in March, 59 in February and 102 in January.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- Final 2014 Solar Eclipse: When And How To Safely View It Plus Where To Watch Online Via Live Stream
- Britons Advised to Brace for Strong Hurricane Gonzalo Bearing Winds Up to 75mph; Affects Flights, Train Services
- MH370 Search Update: Australian Scientist Has Reportedly Found A Solution To The Mystery Of Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier