Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Released In Malaysia For $410 Price Range
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 26, 2014 12:12 PM EST
The Galaxy Mega series of devices has got a new successor in the Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 phablet. Apparently, this device is now being sold in Malaysia.
Students walk out of Samsung Electronics' headquarters in Seoul July 7, 2014. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Tuesday said operating profit likely fell 24.5 percent in April-June, its lowest in two years due to slowing growth in the company's cash cow smartphone business and the strength of the South Korean won.
HTC One M8 (For Windows) vs. HTC One M8 (For Android) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
Samsung authorized Malaysian retail shop SenHeng has advertised the phablet as available. Apparently, the device comes with black and white colour options. Furthermore, the Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 is priced at RM 1,299 outright that roughly translates to US$410 and AU$439. The phablet can also be purchased at a zero-interest monthly payment scheme for RM 51.88 extending up to 24 months, according to GSM Arena.
When it comes to the listed specifications, the Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 features a 6-inch TFT display packed with 720 x 1,280 pixels HD screen resolution and 245 ppi pixel density. Hence the screen size of the Mega device is a little short of the predecessor Galaxy Mega 6.3 and a tad larger than the Galaxy Mega 5.8.
The device is powered by a quad-core processor clocked at 1.5 GHz. And it is backed by 1.5 GB of RAM. The Mega 2 will run on Android v4.4 KitKat OS. As far as the camera goes, the handset will sport an 8 MP rear-facing camera unit. Also, the Galaxy device comes with 8 GB of internal storage capacity and microSD card slot for expansion. It is worth noting that, previously leaked information pointed to a 16 GB of in-built storage capacity.
According to earlier rumours, the Galaxy Mega 2 with model number SM-G750A was spotted in FCC site. Therefore, the device can be expected to be released in the U.S. shortly. Also other rumoured specifications include a 2.1 MP front-facing shooter and a LED flash for the primary camera unit. The smartphone will support standard LTE connectivity with VoLTE and FM Radio. Also, the device will be backed by a good 2,800 mAh battery unit.
However, Samsung has not confirmed any of the above information thus far. Interested readers should check out the image of the promo pertaining to Malaysia from GSM Arena.
2. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 With Exynos 5433 Processor Spotted In AnTuTu Ranks Higher Than Snapdragon 805 Processor - [Read]
3. 9 Killer Motorola Devices In The Offing - DROID Maxx, Moto X+1, Moto 360, Moto G, Moto S, Nexus (Shamu) And More - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy