Some Men who Pay Tribute on the Death of Attenborough
By Bindu Jacob | August 26, 2014 12:09 PM EST
David Cameron, a British Prime Minister pays tribute to Richard Attenborough, "truly great man of both the cinema and the arts", his agent said. Actress Mia Farrow, a co-star of Attenborough in a movie "Guns at Batasi" in 1964 reminded him through her twitter account, "Richard Attenborough was the kindest man I ever had the privilege of working with. A prince. RIP 'Pa' -- and thank you".
Sir Richard Attenborough attends British television actor John Thaw's memorial service at St Martin in the Fields church, London,
Bafta explicit its former president as a "titan of British cinema", who created a good example for the "industry, in the realms of skill and compassion".
Peter Bradshaw is a British writer and film critic said that "Richard Attenborough's death: a sad day for the British film industry". David Terence Puttnam, a British film producer and educator said, "We have lost someone utterly irreplaceable.
Peter Bradshaw remembers about the irreplaceable position of Attenborough that he has occupied in the family, movie, country and especially in the life of Peter Bradshaw that was incomparable with anyone or anything else in the world. Peter says the word irreplaceable may be over used in the world, but in the case of Attenborough is quite relevant and accurate. Peter continues that in the 40 years of competitive world he never hear an unkind or wrong word from Attenborough; he gets only support throughout the year and during both good and bad time in the career.
Peter Bradshaw also remembered the quote of well-known English writer and saint, Aelred of Rievaul who lived 900 years ago, "The spiritual friendship that exists between people of integrity springs out of their common attitude to life, their shared moral outlook and the kind of activities they engage in", which is quite applicable in the life of Attenborough.
Attenborough was a life president at the Chelsea Football Club London, which he joined in 1969 and the club paid tribute to its president. When the financial condition of the club was very poor, the Oscar winning actor supported the club and maintains his shares. Part of his profits from the movie he used for Gandhi's own ashrams in India.
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around