HTC Desire 816 vs. Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 26, 2014 12:02 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC Desire 816 or the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A model holds up the HTC Desire 816 at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 25, 2014. REUTERS/Gustau Nacarino
Display and Design
The HTC Desire 816 comes with a 5.5-inch Super LCD2 capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini comes with a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. Both the devices are about the same in this category. The Desire 816 has 267 ppi pixels display density compared to the 256 ppi pixels display density on the S4 Mini.
The HTC Desire 816 measures 156.6 x 78.7 x 7.9 mm and weighs 165 grams. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini is comparatively smaller, narrower and lighter. The device measures 124.6 x 61.3 x 8.9 mm and weighs 107 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC Desire 816 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini is equipped with a 1.7 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8930 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The HTC Desire 816 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. Both the devices have 1.5 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the Desire 816 is the clear winner.
The HTC Desire 816 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP.
The HTC Desire 816 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini comes with a Li-Ion 1900 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 12 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The HTC Desire 816 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $389.95 and the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $339.95 in Australia.
LG G3 Beat vs LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 vs. LG G2 Mini Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks