New Halo 5: Guardians Details From Devs And A Trailer Reveal Of The Beta Multiplayer
By Gel Galang | August 26, 2014 11:58 AM EST
"Halo 5: Guardians" is still on its journey, with 2015 being its targeted release date. But given developer 343 Industries' plans for the franchise, there have been some new surprises and teasers for fans.
Vistors wait at the "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" exhibition stand during the Gamescom 2014 fair in Cologne August 13, 2014. The Gamescom convention, Europe's largest video games trade fair, runs from August 13 to August 17.
Before ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’: Chinese Fans’ Petition For Language Support And Largest Pokemon Collection
In an exclusive interview conducted by DualShockers with 343 Industries head Bonnie Ross, as seen below, she had teased a couple of new things regarding the title.
Ross touched on the early release of the beta, which she said is going to be intentionally released a year before "Halo 5: Guardians" debuts.
"We are intentionally putting out the beta a year early so we actually can get fans' feedback to make sure that we are building the multiplayer that they want to play," Ross said in the interview.
This way, fans can give their thoughts, likes and dislikes about the multiplayer beta and the developers will still have time to incorporate these comments into the game.
When asked about the rumours of the "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" debuting on the PC--in relation to the announced Halo Channel also made available for Windows--Ross did state that she cannot comment at this time. She had focused on the Xbox One for the most part, saying that the entire team is getting a big chance to explore the Halo franchise with more depth. She teases that there's still a lot more going on with "Halo 5: Guardians," with more in store for fans that they have not yet divulged, but again, Ross could not go into more detail.
Apart from the newest plans for the upcoming "Halo 5: Guardians" title, developer 343 Industries has also revealed a few more details about the Master Chief Collection in a closed-door session.
PakGamers was lucky enough to get a sneak peek and gather all the details for the ultimate Halo collection.
The first is that the much-touted "Halo 2 Anniversary" reportedly looks much better than its "Halo 3" counterpart. It may be due to the fact that the latter is up for its 10th-year anniversary so the developers have spent a bigger portion of the remakes and redoing on this title.
That's not to say that the other Halo games will not be getting their own improvements for the Master Chief Collection, as the report also adds that the games will be upped in terms of resolution and graphics to 1080p and 60fps.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports