New Halo 5: Guardians Details From Devs And A Trailer Reveal Of The Beta Multiplayer
By Gel Galang | August 26, 2014 11:58 AM EST
"Halo 5: Guardians" is still on its journey, with 2015 being its targeted release date. But given developer 343 Industries' plans for the franchise, there have been some new surprises and teasers for fans.
Vistors wait at the "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" exhibition stand during the Gamescom 2014 fair in Cologne August 13, 2014. The Gamescom convention, Europe's largest video games trade fair, runs from August 13 to August 17.
Before ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’: Chinese Fans’ Petition For Language Support And Largest Pokemon Collection
In an exclusive interview conducted by DualShockers with 343 Industries head Bonnie Ross, as seen below, she had teased a couple of new things regarding the title.
Ross touched on the early release of the beta, which she said is going to be intentionally released a year before "Halo 5: Guardians" debuts.
"We are intentionally putting out the beta a year early so we actually can get fans' feedback to make sure that we are building the multiplayer that they want to play," Ross said in the interview.
This way, fans can give their thoughts, likes and dislikes about the multiplayer beta and the developers will still have time to incorporate these comments into the game.
When asked about the rumours of the "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" debuting on the PC--in relation to the announced Halo Channel also made available for Windows--Ross did state that she cannot comment at this time. She had focused on the Xbox One for the most part, saying that the entire team is getting a big chance to explore the Halo franchise with more depth. She teases that there's still a lot more going on with "Halo 5: Guardians," with more in store for fans that they have not yet divulged, but again, Ross could not go into more detail.
Apart from the newest plans for the upcoming "Halo 5: Guardians" title, developer 343 Industries has also revealed a few more details about the Master Chief Collection in a closed-door session.
PakGamers was lucky enough to get a sneak peek and gather all the details for the ultimate Halo collection.
The first is that the much-touted "Halo 2 Anniversary" reportedly looks much better than its "Halo 3" counterpart. It may be due to the fact that the latter is up for its 10th-year anniversary so the developers have spent a bigger portion of the remakes and redoing on this title.
That's not to say that the other Halo games will not be getting their own improvements for the Master Chief Collection, as the report also adds that the games will be upped in terms of resolution and graphics to 1080p and 60fps.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage