Anti-ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Celebrities: Ariana Grande and Pamela Anderson Give Their Reasons
By nidhi tewari | August 26, 2014 11:52 AM EST
Every celebrity participated in the ongoing ALS Ice Bucket Challenge with complete enthusiasm and dedication, but there are a couple of celebrities who are not very keen on it for various reasons. "Baywatch" babe, Pamela Anderson and "Problem" singer, Ariana Grande are the two celebrities who did not participate in the challenge in a way everyone else did.
Ariana Grande touches fans as she performs during the MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
In Pamela Anderson's opinion, though she has participated in various charities earlier, she could not "bring herself" to do the latest ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. She, instead, wants to challenge the ALS foundation to stop using animals for the purpose of testing medicines. The 47-year-old animal rights activist took to Twitter to express her thoughts on how the innocent animals are used mercilessly for testing various drugs for the ALS disease.
"Recent experiments funded by the ALS Association, mice had holes drilled into their skulls, were inflicted with crippling illnesses, and were forced to run on an inclined treadmill until they collapsed from exhaustion. Monkeys had chemicals injected into their brains and backs and were later killed and dissected," writes Pamela on Facebook and Twitter.
The actress also mentioned about the FDA statistics which show that "92 out of 100 drugs that succeed in animal trials fail when used on humans." She even urged people to find and support charities that do not harm animals at all in their research and asked the scientists to use "sophisticated non-animal testing methods-including in vitro methods" to find a cure to Lou Gehrig's disease.
For Ariana Grande, the reason for not participating in the ALS Ice Bucket challenge was completely different. The 21-year-old revealed to MTV that she has donated money to the cause of Lou Gehrig's disease research but did not find it necessary to upload a video of her doing the challenge and waste water when millions of people are suffering from the crisis of lack of water.
"I made a donation! Do I have to waste water during a drought and dump a bucket of ice on my head if I actually donated?," wrote Ariana during her @MTV Twitter Takeover on Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics