Anti-ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Celebrities: Ariana Grande and Pamela Anderson Give Their Reasons
By nidhi tewari | August 26, 2014 11:52 AM EST
Every celebrity participated in the ongoing ALS Ice Bucket Challenge with complete enthusiasm and dedication, but there are a couple of celebrities who are not very keen on it for various reasons. "Baywatch" babe, Pamela Anderson and "Problem" singer, Ariana Grande are the two celebrities who did not participate in the challenge in a way everyone else did.
Ariana Grande touches fans as she performs during the MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
In Pamela Anderson's opinion, though she has participated in various charities earlier, she could not "bring herself" to do the latest ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. She, instead, wants to challenge the ALS foundation to stop using animals for the purpose of testing medicines. The 47-year-old animal rights activist took to Twitter to express her thoughts on how the innocent animals are used mercilessly for testing various drugs for the ALS disease.
"Recent experiments funded by the ALS Association, mice had holes drilled into their skulls, were inflicted with crippling illnesses, and were forced to run on an inclined treadmill until they collapsed from exhaustion. Monkeys had chemicals injected into their brains and backs and were later killed and dissected," writes Pamela on Facebook and Twitter.
The actress also mentioned about the FDA statistics which show that "92 out of 100 drugs that succeed in animal trials fail when used on humans." She even urged people to find and support charities that do not harm animals at all in their research and asked the scientists to use "sophisticated non-animal testing methods-including in vitro methods" to find a cure to Lou Gehrig's disease.
For Ariana Grande, the reason for not participating in the ALS Ice Bucket challenge was completely different. The 21-year-old revealed to MTV that she has donated money to the cause of Lou Gehrig's disease research but did not find it necessary to upload a video of her doing the challenge and waste water when millions of people are suffering from the crisis of lack of water.
"I made a donation! Do I have to waste water during a drought and dump a bucket of ice on my head if I actually donated?," wrote Ariana during her @MTV Twitter Takeover on Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report