Anti-ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Celebrities: Ariana Grande and Pamela Anderson Give Their Reasons
By nidhi tewari | August 26, 2014 11:52 AM EST
Every celebrity participated in the ongoing ALS Ice Bucket Challenge with complete enthusiasm and dedication, but there are a couple of celebrities who are not very keen on it for various reasons. "Baywatch" babe, Pamela Anderson and "Problem" singer, Ariana Grande are the two celebrities who did not participate in the challenge in a way everyone else did.
Ariana Grande touches fans as she performs during the MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
In Pamela Anderson's opinion, though she has participated in various charities earlier, she could not "bring herself" to do the latest ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. She, instead, wants to challenge the ALS foundation to stop using animals for the purpose of testing medicines. The 47-year-old animal rights activist took to Twitter to express her thoughts on how the innocent animals are used mercilessly for testing various drugs for the ALS disease.
"Recent experiments funded by the ALS Association, mice had holes drilled into their skulls, were inflicted with crippling illnesses, and were forced to run on an inclined treadmill until they collapsed from exhaustion. Monkeys had chemicals injected into their brains and backs and were later killed and dissected," writes Pamela on Facebook and Twitter.
The actress also mentioned about the FDA statistics which show that "92 out of 100 drugs that succeed in animal trials fail when used on humans." She even urged people to find and support charities that do not harm animals at all in their research and asked the scientists to use "sophisticated non-animal testing methods-including in vitro methods" to find a cure to Lou Gehrig's disease.
For Ariana Grande, the reason for not participating in the ALS Ice Bucket challenge was completely different. The 21-year-old revealed to MTV that she has donated money to the cause of Lou Gehrig's disease research but did not find it necessary to upload a video of her doing the challenge and waste water when millions of people are suffering from the crisis of lack of water.
"I made a donation! Do I have to waste water during a drought and dump a bucket of ice on my head if I actually donated?," wrote Ariana during her @MTV Twitter Takeover on Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family