‘Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain’ Debuts Multiplayer, Massive Map Size And Decoy Boxes
By Gel Galang | August 26, 2014 11:46 AM EST
There may be quite a number of months before "Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain" debuts, but that does not stop its developers from revealing a few more details about the game.
The first is a possible massive map waiting for players. After the map for the game was revealed by game creator Hideo Kojima himself, Gamingbolt has managed to spot an analysis of the map.
Instead of the land area being marked as smaller, apparently, a portion previously assumed to be the sky is actually made up of more land and even buildings.
Tracking down a fan who was able to find more details in the map, Gamingbolt features the images of the map with enhancements and filters to show off more of its areas. The Reddit user has even managed to pinpoint where in the map certain areas of released trailers are.
Disguise Boxes And What To Do With Them
Another recently showcased part of the game is the box disguise, which is said to present new ways of using the disguise to the player's advantage. According to HITC Tech, the cardboard box can provide more tricks up your sleeve apart from being a mere decoy that you can use to escape from a sticky situation.
According to the source, you can now trick your enemies into believing that you are one of them or you can even make them lose focus for a moment by making the box look like one of those swimsuit models. This way, you can take out the guards that are gullible enough to believe in the disguise.
Multiplayer Allows Infiltration And Possible Battle
Lastly, the multiplayer for "Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain" has also been shown off, with a few more details pointing to players' capability of invading others' home base.
Eurogamer reports that the multiplayer of "Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain" will let other people get near your base if you're not careful and steal all that you have stored in it.
The developers have previously stated that the mother base will be different for each player as it can contain some of the rescued items that a player is able to obtain. Konami has stated that part of the game is building your base to become what it is and then showing it off to others. The newest footage spotted by the source demoes the infiltration mission, where Snake is trying to get into another base.
The interesting part here is that, if you are made by the owner of the mother base, there's a big chance that confrontation can happen, as seen in the video. The question is whether or not a battle between players will ensue and what will happen if it does.
"Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain" is slated for the first quarter of 2015 on the Xbox One, PS4, PS3 Xbox 360 and PC, so expect more details to come before the release date.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation