VMA 2014: Rita Ora Dissed Nicki Minaj, Twerking Stunned Singer ---Reports
By Tanya Diente | August 26, 2014 11:43 AM EST
Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" performance during the 2014 VMA on Aug. 24 reportedly had fellow singer Rita Ora starstruck but not in a good way.
Rita Ora arrives at the 2014 MTV Music Video Awards in Inglewood, California August 24, 2014.
Mirror UK reports Rita Ora was horrified at Nicki Minaj's raunchy dance performance especially when the singer/rapper simulated a sexual act in one of her dance moves.
According to the site, the rapper outstaged Miley Cyrus' twerking performance during last year's MTV Video Music Awards. Minaj not only twerked, she also strutted and writhed during her performance of her new single "Anaconda." While other audiences were reportedly stunned as they watched, Rita Ora, on the other hand, was caught on camera looking like she had been struck by lightning. She stood frozen with a blank expression on her face. Ryan Broderick of the Vine claimed the "Love and War" singer was "not prepared for Nicki Minaj's butt."
Hollywood Life adds the 23-year old singer wasn't impressed by the raunchy performance and may have just dissed Nicki Minaj. After all, as the site adds, Rita Ora previously had a feud with the rapper.The site claims her disapproval over Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" performance could spark a new feud between the stars.
Dressed in a high-waisted, sequined shorts matched with a green crop top, the 31-year old rapper and singer reportedly took audiences by surprise with her dance performance. According to Mirror UK, the most scandalous move she pulled off was when she dropped to the floor of California's Forum in Inglewood.
While lying down on the floor, Nicki Minaj reportedly grabbed at her crotch while one of her backup dancers lies on top of her and humped her. When the dancer has moved away, the singer flips over face down and humped the floor.
The only thing missing to complete Nicki's snake-themed performance was the presence of a live snake. A TMZ photographer claimed the singer was spotted leaving Project, a nightclub in L.A., after the VMAs. She reportedly seemed to have been bummed that the reptile never made it to the show.
According to the photographer, the singer claimed her backup dancer who got bitten by the snake during rehearsals actually danced on stage too. Likewise, Nicki Minaj reportedly admitted that her "Anaconda" performance during the VMAs would have been better if the snake was on stage too.
Source: YouTube/More Great Music
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia