VMA 2014: Rita Ora Dissed Nicki Minaj, Twerking Stunned Singer ---Reports
By Tanya Diente | August 26, 2014 11:43 AM EST
Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" performance during the 2014 VMA on Aug. 24 reportedly had fellow singer Rita Ora starstruck but not in a good way.
Rita Ora arrives at the 2014 MTV Music Video Awards in Inglewood, California August 24, 2014.
Mirror UK reports Rita Ora was horrified at Nicki Minaj's raunchy dance performance especially when the singer/rapper simulated a sexual act in one of her dance moves.
According to the site, the rapper outstaged Miley Cyrus' twerking performance during last year's MTV Video Music Awards. Minaj not only twerked, she also strutted and writhed during her performance of her new single "Anaconda." While other audiences were reportedly stunned as they watched, Rita Ora, on the other hand, was caught on camera looking like she had been struck by lightning. She stood frozen with a blank expression on her face. Ryan Broderick of the Vine claimed the "Love and War" singer was "not prepared for Nicki Minaj's butt."
Hollywood Life adds the 23-year old singer wasn't impressed by the raunchy performance and may have just dissed Nicki Minaj. After all, as the site adds, Rita Ora previously had a feud with the rapper.The site claims her disapproval over Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" performance could spark a new feud between the stars.
Dressed in a high-waisted, sequined shorts matched with a green crop top, the 31-year old rapper and singer reportedly took audiences by surprise with her dance performance. According to Mirror UK, the most scandalous move she pulled off was when she dropped to the floor of California's Forum in Inglewood.
While lying down on the floor, Nicki Minaj reportedly grabbed at her crotch while one of her backup dancers lies on top of her and humped her. When the dancer has moved away, the singer flips over face down and humped the floor.
The only thing missing to complete Nicki's snake-themed performance was the presence of a live snake. A TMZ photographer claimed the singer was spotted leaving Project, a nightclub in L.A., after the VMAs. She reportedly seemed to have been bummed that the reptile never made it to the show.
According to the photographer, the singer claimed her backup dancer who got bitten by the snake during rehearsals actually danced on stage too. Likewise, Nicki Minaj reportedly admitted that her "Anaconda" performance during the VMAs would have been better if the snake was on stage too.
Source: YouTube/More Great Music
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet