Apple Is Now Offering Free Replacement Batteries For iPhone 5
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 26, 2014 10:54 AM EST
Owners of Apple's iPhone 5 purchased between Sept. 2012 and Jan. 2013 have a reason to smile. Apple will be replacing the batteries of Apple iPhone 5 "free of cost," pertaining to a specific serial number range.
A woman takes photos with her iPhone as Pope Francis delivers his Regina Coeli prayer from the window of the Apostolic Palace in Saint Peter's Square at the Vatican June 1, 2014.
HTC One M8 (For Windows) vs. HTC One M8 (For Android) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
Apparently, many users who bought the iPhone 5 in the aforementioned time frame are experiencing battery issues. The main problems are reduction in battery life and frequent charging requirement to get through a normal day, according to Apple.
Therefore, the Cupertino-based Apple is requesting the owners of the iPhone 5 picked up between Sept. 2012 and Jan. 2013 to verify if their handset is eligible for Apple's free battery replacement scheme. The owners are expected to enter the serial number of the iPhone 5 on Apple's website pertaining to battery replacement program to find out the eligibility. Apple iPhone 5 owners can check the eligibility from the company's official site.
Readers should enter the serial number in the text box provided under subsection "Eligibility" and hit the submit button. It is worth noting that, this battery replacement scheme commences from Aug. 22 in the U.S. and China. The other countries, meanwhile, can avail this offer starting Aug. 29, 2014.
The iPhone 5 users with battery faults can choose one of the services provided below to get a replacement battery. User should also note that Apple will scrutinize the iPhone 5 before the chosen service is approved. This examination is required to check the eligibility, in addition, to ascertain if the device is in working order.
Interested readers can opt for any one of the services from the three options:
1. From Apple Authorized Service Providers - Check out the location information by clicking here.
3. Via Apple Technical Support - Get in touch with Apple directly by clicking here.
In order to make the iPhone 5 ready for the battery replacement program, Apple wants its users to do the following:
1. Backup of all the data either to iTunes or iCloud.
2. Switch off the Find my iPhone option.
3. Delete data and the personalized settings by navigating to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase all Content and Settings.
In case, the eligible iPhone 5 has damages like damaged screen, Apple wants the owners to fix the problem prior to opting for the battery replacement program.
3. 9 Killer Motorola Devices In The Offing - DROID Maxx, Moto X+1, Moto 360, Moto G, Moto S, Nexus (Shamu) And More - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family