Ice Bucket Challenge vs. Groot Challege: Vin Diesel Accepts Challenge For ALS, Initiates Challenge To Plant A Tree For 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Character
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 26, 2014 10:35 AM EST
Actor Vin Diesel shared a video on Instagram that shows he has accepted the "ALS Ice Bucket Challenge" from "Guardians of the Galaxy" director James Gunn. However, the 47-year-old initiated a new challenge afterwards where he asked the film director as well as those who watched his video to plant a tree inspired from his movie character Groot.
Actor Vin Diesel poses for a portrait while promoting his upcoming movie "Riddick" in Los Angeles, California August 27, 2013. In "Riddick," which opens Friday, Diesel's ex-convict character leaves his comfortable world as leader of the Necromonger death race to search for his homeland. Once double-crossed and left for dead, he resolves to rebuild himself, both physically and morally, but must do battle against beasts and bounty hunters. Picture taken August 27, 2013.
'The Originals' Season 2 Casting News: Producers Searching For Actress To Portray New Character Ingrid
'Teen Wolf' Season 4, Episode 9 'Perishable' Recap/Spoilers: The Benefactor Finally Reveals Identity
According to a Comic Book report, Vin Diesel's "Plant a Tree for Groot" challenge is beginning to catch the attention of users in social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. On his Instagram account vindiesel, the "Guardians of the Galaxy" star posted a video where he accepted James Gunn's challenge.
"Yes, James Gunn. I accept the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge to raise awareness for the Lou Gehrig's disease. But I raise you to plant a tree for Groot," Diesel stated in his video. Click HERE to watch. Then, the "Fast and Furious" star followed his video challenge with an image of himself holding a shovel and ready to plan a tree. Click HERE to see photo.
Director James Gunn has accepted Vin Diesel's new challenge and affirmed that he will plant a tree for the Marvel character. "Challenge accepted Vin Diesel - I will plant a tree for Groot!" the film director wrote in response to the actor's new environmental awareness.
The Vin Diesel fans on Facebook agreed to the actor's challenge where numerous users shared their images while they were planting trees. Aside from Facebook, Twitter users also noticed the "Plant A Tree For Groot" challenge expressing their hope that they could catch up with the new challenge.
The report further noted down that Vin Diesel's shout out is a perfect timing to the National NeighborWoods Month in October 2014. There will be volunteers helping in planting trees in their communities.
As for the "ALS Ice Bucket Challenge," Vin Diesel joined the numerous celebrities that shared videos on social media sites showing they have accepted the challenge to raise awareness for the Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) or Lou Gehrig's disease. In the shared Instagram video dated Aug. 18, Vin Diesel nominated actress Angelina Jolie, First Lady Michelle Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin after completing his "Ice Bucket Challenge." Click HERE to watch video.
Vladimir Putin has not yet responded to Vin Diesel's challenge but a spokesperson for the Russian President gave an answer to the Hollywood actor's nomination on the Internet. Dmitry Peskov revealed to the Russian paper Lenta.ru that the Russian President is not aware of the viral "Ice Bucket Challenge" and there are other things on the Russian leader's agenda.
More Articles to Read:
Ice Bucket Challenge: Robert Pattinson Accepts Zac Efron's Nomination, Improvises Challenge With Sauce Pan and Hose [WATCH VIDEO] - [READ]
Ice Bucket Challenge: Charlie Sheen Does Challenge for ALS with a Twist - [READ]
'Teen Wolf' Season 4 Spoilers: Origins Of Dead Pool List To Be Revealed, Watch Episode 10 Promo Videos - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone