Ice Bucket Challenge vs. Groot Challege: Vin Diesel Accepts Challenge For ALS, Initiates Challenge To Plant A Tree For 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Character
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 26, 2014 10:35 AM EST
Actor Vin Diesel shared a video on Instagram that shows he has accepted the "ALS Ice Bucket Challenge" from "Guardians of the Galaxy" director James Gunn. However, the 47-year-old initiated a new challenge afterwards where he asked the film director as well as those who watched his video to plant a tree inspired from his movie character Groot.
Actor Vin Diesel poses for a portrait while promoting his upcoming movie "Riddick" in Los Angeles, California August 27, 2013. In "Riddick," which opens Friday, Diesel's ex-convict character leaves his comfortable world as leader of the Necromonger death race to search for his homeland. Once double-crossed and left for dead, he resolves to rebuild himself, both physically and morally, but must do battle against beasts and bounty hunters. Picture taken August 27, 2013.
According to a Comic Book report, Vin Diesel's "Plant a Tree for Groot" challenge is beginning to catch the attention of users in social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. On his Instagram account vindiesel, the "Guardians of the Galaxy" star posted a video where he accepted James Gunn's challenge.
"Yes, James Gunn. I accept the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge to raise awareness for the Lou Gehrig's disease. But I raise you to plant a tree for Groot," Diesel stated in his video. Click HERE to watch. Then, the "Fast and Furious" star followed his video challenge with an image of himself holding a shovel and ready to plan a tree. Click HERE to see photo.
Director James Gunn has accepted Vin Diesel's new challenge and affirmed that he will plant a tree for the Marvel character. "Challenge accepted Vin Diesel - I will plant a tree for Groot!" the film director wrote in response to the actor's new environmental awareness.
The Vin Diesel fans on Facebook agreed to the actor's challenge where numerous users shared their images while they were planting trees. Aside from Facebook, Twitter users also noticed the "Plant A Tree For Groot" challenge expressing their hope that they could catch up with the new challenge.
The report further noted down that Vin Diesel's shout out is a perfect timing to the National NeighborWoods Month in October 2014. There will be volunteers helping in planting trees in their communities.
As for the "ALS Ice Bucket Challenge," Vin Diesel joined the numerous celebrities that shared videos on social media sites showing they have accepted the challenge to raise awareness for the Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) or Lou Gehrig's disease. In the shared Instagram video dated Aug. 18, Vin Diesel nominated actress Angelina Jolie, First Lady Michelle Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin after completing his "Ice Bucket Challenge." Click HERE to watch video.
Vladimir Putin has not yet responded to Vin Diesel's challenge but a spokesperson for the Russian President gave an answer to the Hollywood actor's nomination on the Internet. Dmitry Peskov revealed to the Russian paper Lenta.ru that the Russian President is not aware of the viral "Ice Bucket Challenge" and there are other things on the Russian leader's agenda.
More Articles to Read:
Ice Bucket Challenge: Robert Pattinson Accepts Zac Efron's Nomination, Improvises Challenge With Sauce Pan and Hose [WATCH VIDEO] - [READ]
Ice Bucket Challenge: Charlie Sheen Does Challenge for ALS with a Twist - [READ]
'Teen Wolf' Season 4 Spoilers: Origins Of Dead Pool List To Be Revealed, Watch Episode 10 Promo Videos - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity