Ice Bucket Challenge: Sir Patrick Stewart Participates In Raising Awareness For ALS With Classy Take On Viral Challenge [WATCH VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 26, 2014 10:34 AM EST
Most of the Hollywood celebrities that participated in the "ALS Ice Bucket Challenge" had ice cold water poured over their heads. Sir Patrick Stewart took part in the viral challenge but the 74-year-old English actor had his own way of doing the "Ice Bucket Challenge" which has been described as a classy move.
British actors Patrick Stewart (L-R), James McAvoy, Ian McKellen and Irish-German actor Michael Fassbender arrive for the British premiere of 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' at Leicester Square in London in this May 12, 2014 file photo.
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Teaser Trailer Shows Damon Telling Grieving Elena To Move On [WATCH VIDEO]
'The Originals' Season 2 Casting News: Producers Searching For Actress To Portray New Character Ingrid
In the shared video, Sir Patrick Stewart used a bucket of ice for the challenge but the "Star Trek" actor did not really get drenched to fulfill the nomination he received and show support to the ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) organization. Instead, the veteran actor used the bucket of ice to make himself a drink and shared a toast to the viewers after he wrote a check donating money to the ALS Association.
Sir Patrick Stewart's video also emphasized that action speaks louder than words since the actor never spoke in the video to get his point across. In a typical "Ice Bucket Challenge," a celebrity would get soaked with the ice cold water poured over his or her head, with some screaming or looking shocked after the coldness of the water touched their head and skin, and then nominate three more celebrities to do the same for the fundraising campaign.
In Patrick Stewart's "Ice Bucket Challenge" video, it began with the "X-Men" star calmly and quietly writing a check in a room. Then, Sir Patrick Stewart pushed his check book aside to pull in the silver bucket filled with ice towards him.
The actor grabbed a glass, used the tongs to place two ice cubes in the glass, poured whisky, raised his glass to the viewers, drank and enjoyed the taste of his alcoholic drink. On his Twitter account @SirPatStew, the "Star Trek" actor shared his "Ice Bucket Challenge" on Saturday, Aug. 23, with the hashtag #ALSIceBucketChallenge and the link to the YouTube video posted as a caption to his tweet.
According to a TIME report, the viral online challenge for ALS has already raised over $50 million. The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is done in order to raise money as well as awareness on the neurodegenerative disease or also called the Lou Gehrig's disease. A Mail Online report noted that the challenge became an international craze after numerous videos of famous celebrities went viral through the social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Credit: YouTube/ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
— Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) August 22, 2014
More Articles to Read:
Ice Bucket Challenge: Robert Pattinson Accepts Zac Efron's Nomination, Improvises Challenge With Sauce Pan and Hose [WATCH VIDEO] - [READ]
Ice Bucket Challenge: Charlie Sheen Does Challenge for ALS with a Twist - [READ]
Ben Affleck: 'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice' Actor Speaks Up on Fans' Reaction to His Batman Casting - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS