Nicki Minaj ‘Rehearsed’ for Wardrobe Malfunction at 2014 MTV VMA
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | August 26, 2014 10:09 AM EST
Nicki Minaj's wardrobe malfunction at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards might have been staged.
Even though it appeared to be an accidental mishap at the awards ceremony, the American rapper could have "rehearsed" for it. According to TMZ, Minaj already practised the wardrobe malfunction during rehearsals. The gossip website calls it "BS" that Minaj's little black dress was left unzipped at the front during the performance because she had not had enough time to get prepared for the show.
Singer Nicki Minaj poses backstage during the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards in Inglewood, California August 24, 2014.
According to the website's sources, eyewitnesses observed Minaj rehearse the move during her practice on Sunday morning. She apparently wore the same dress during rehearsals that she would later wear during the actual function. One of the eyewitnesses also claims that Minaj's rehearsals caught her attention, as she initially believed that Minaj was wearing a robe.
Minaj even practised how she should place her arm around the dress so that there could be enough "exposure," TMZ claimed. Minaj's claim that she did not have enough time to get ready for the show was also dismissed, as there seemed to be a makeshift dressing room just beside the stage where Minaj could prepare.
The 31-year-old U.S. singer was supposed to change her dress in the middle of her performance. She performed "Anaconda" and then rushed off stage to change into a little black dress. She had to come back to perform "Bang Bang" along with Ariana Grande and Jessie J. However, when Minaj came back onstage, she was holding the dress together with her hands. The apparent wardrobe malfunction caused sensation as it attracted huge media attention.
Minaj held on to her dress as she rapped her part on Ariana Grande's song "Bang Bang." If she did not hold the dress with her hands, there could have been more explicit exposure. She later told on Instagram how thankful she was to God as her "nipple didn't come out to play."
She was the one who initiated to inform the reporters backstage about the incident. "You all know I had a wardrobe malfunction," she said, "We ran out of time getting the dress zipped up."
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports