Nicki Minaj ‘Rehearsed’ for Wardrobe Malfunction at 2014 MTV VMA
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | August 26, 2014 10:09 AM EST
Nicki Minaj's wardrobe malfunction at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards might have been staged.
Even though it appeared to be an accidental mishap at the awards ceremony, the American rapper could have "rehearsed" for it. According to TMZ, Minaj already practised the wardrobe malfunction during rehearsals. The gossip website calls it "BS" that Minaj's little black dress was left unzipped at the front during the performance because she had not had enough time to get prepared for the show.
Singer Nicki Minaj poses backstage during the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards in Inglewood, California August 24, 2014.
According to the website's sources, eyewitnesses observed Minaj rehearse the move during her practice on Sunday morning. She apparently wore the same dress during rehearsals that she would later wear during the actual function. One of the eyewitnesses also claims that Minaj's rehearsals caught her attention, as she initially believed that Minaj was wearing a robe.
Minaj even practised how she should place her arm around the dress so that there could be enough "exposure," TMZ claimed. Minaj's claim that she did not have enough time to get ready for the show was also dismissed, as there seemed to be a makeshift dressing room just beside the stage where Minaj could prepare.
The 31-year-old U.S. singer was supposed to change her dress in the middle of her performance. She performed "Anaconda" and then rushed off stage to change into a little black dress. She had to come back to perform "Bang Bang" along with Ariana Grande and Jessie J. However, when Minaj came back onstage, she was holding the dress together with her hands. The apparent wardrobe malfunction caused sensation as it attracted huge media attention.
Minaj held on to her dress as she rapped her part on Ariana Grande's song "Bang Bang." If she did not hold the dress with her hands, there could have been more explicit exposure. She later told on Instagram how thankful she was to God as her "nipple didn't come out to play."
She was the one who initiated to inform the reporters backstage about the incident. "You all know I had a wardrobe malfunction," she said, "We ran out of time getting the dress zipped up."
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money