3 Keys to Real Estate Selling Success, According to Aussie Superstar Agent
By Vittorio Hernandez | August 26, 2014 9:39 AM EST
Most experts would probably agree that there is no exact formula to becoming a successful real estate agent. But one thing that's going to make a difference in an agent's budding career is understanding how to build a solid reputation and impact in the local community. According to Australian agent and Century 21's top Australian salesperson for three years, Stephanie Hearne, it takes three things to accomplish that, and she expounded on these in a piece she wrote for Property Observer:
A visitor looks at a model of a new apartment complex at a showroom of Evergrande Real Estate Group in Wuhan, Hubei province, in this November 9, 2013 file picture. China's third largest property developer, Evergrande Real Estate, has joined smaller peers in offering zero-interest downpayment loans, a practice reminiscent of the U.S. housing boom that precipitated the global financial crisis. REUTERS/Stringer/Files (CHINA - Tags: BUSINESS REAL ESTATE) CHINA OUT. NO COMMERCIAL OR EDITORIAL SALES IN CHINA
1. Find your niche.
Aspiring real estate agents are expected to explore the industry before they finally find a niche they are good at. A rule of thumb is before deciding which area to further, agents should understand that they will be in it for the long run and should be able to commit to it.
"Pick the area you want to work in for the rest of your career and become the area specialist, the communities trusted advisor. Own your patch, work your patch and aim to become the agent of choice," Hearne said.
Agents will be able to enjoy that level of success, if they do not know how to treat people well. She adds, "Always deliver on a promise, and return all enquiries on the same day. If you are good to people (honest, fair and provide exceptional service), they'll be good to you."
Honoring one's word indeed is important in any industry. It does not matter if you are ringing in thousands of dollars-but if you do not know how to keep your word, you will run the risk of losing your client's confidence in you.
2. Goal-setting for the long-term is a must.
Having a long-term perspective on things is crucial when entering the business. Hearne advises agents to set realistic goals and to take things in stride even if that means you are a long way from earning top dollar.
"Don't get caught up looking at the dollar signs, focus on how many listings you can get. Slow and steady wins the race, working on improving your skills and building your listings is the path to success," Hearne said.
3. Be prepared to sacrifice.
A lot of an agent's work deals with coordinating with brokers, customers, developers and fellow salespersons. Thus, it takes dedication and flexibility for agents to succeed as they learn the ropes to the business. She advises agents to manage time wisely and to work harder than their peers. "It will be a hard slog to begin with but if you aim to build momentum and continue to work hard you will succeed," Hearne said.
Read the rest of Hearne's story on Property Observer here.
Determining which works or not for you early on in your career may take a while, but it doesn't hurt to try new real estate technologies in the market right now to speed up your journey to success a bit. In the United States, virtual tours technologies developed by Realbiz Media Group, Inc. (OTCQB: RBIZ) such as Nestbuilder Agent and the Microvideo App are helping agents and their brokers build their reputation and portfolio to widen their reach.
To learn more about Realbiz Media, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.888.REAL.BIZ (888.732.5249).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage