'Guardians of the Galaxy' And 'Avengers' Collaboration Confirmed By Director James Gunn: The Heroes To Unite In Near Future
By Sonalee singh | August 26, 2014 9:05 AM EST
The Avengers are set to meet the extra-terrestrial misfits.
Director of "Gaurdians of the Galaxy" James Gunn has confirmed that the collaboration of the "Avengers" and "Gaurdians of the Galaxy" is underway and would happen in the near future.
Cast members Jeremy Renner (L), Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson Pose at a Press Line for "Avengers: Age of Ultron" during the 2014 Comic-Con International Convention in San Diego, California July 26, 2014.
"You know, there's probably at some point in time where the Avengers, some members of the Avengers and maybe some members of the Guardians will perhaps meet," said Gunn in his interview to KCRW.
Based on the comic book enterprise "Guardians of the Galaxy" emerged as the biggest summer blockbuster in 2014. In the film Peter Quill forms an alliance with Gamora, Drax, Rocket and Groot to uproot the evil Thanos.
"But at the same time, we are in a different place. And the most important thing to us is the mythology of the Guardians and the cosmic mythology of Marvel Cosmic end of things. And that's the thing that interests me the most," said Gunn further about the possibility of the mythologies' union.
Adding to it, Gunn cleared the fact that by no means he is hinting towards "Avengers 3" or " Avengers 4." It has also been speculated that Avengers and Guardians would be meeting in the same universe.
Indeed the two sets of superheroes belong to different time frame and making them meet would be a challenge in itself. Whenever, the union of both the worlds would happen, huge fans base is going to be created, as per the reports.
"Fast & Furious 7" actor Vin Diesel suggested that fans would love to see the cast of the both the films unite, as per Enstarz report.
The cast of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" includes Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Evans (Captain America), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow). Other actors featured in the film include Cobie Smulders (Maria Hill), Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Quicksilver), Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch), Paul Bettany (The Vision), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), Andy Serkis and James Spader (Ultron).
Directed by Joss Whedon, this film is set to release in April 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness