‘Game of Thrones’ Endangered Characters On ‘The Winds of Winter’: Tyrion Lannister, Theon Greyjoy & Jon Snow
By Riza Ornos | August 26, 2014 8:16 AM EST
Currently working on his latest book "The Winds of Winter," highly acclaimed author George R.R. Martin teases major death for the upcoming book 6 of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series. Known for killing off major characters, Martin is not yet sure about Tyrion's fate.
Author and co-executive producer George R.R. Martin arrives for the premiere of the fourth season of HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York March 18, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
"I love all my characters, of course, but Tyrion has always been a favorite," Sutter revealed during his appearance at Super Hero HQ at the 2014 San Diego Comic Con. "He is the easiest to write ... The only thing that is hard is that it takes me days and sometimes weeks to come up with the one-liners that Tyrion comes up with in, like, a minute. I wish in real life I was nearly as acerbic and funny as Tyrion."
Famously killed one of the most loved characters in the book, Ned Stark, the 65-year-old author has a penchant for unpredictability. "The viewpoint characters are occasionally meeting up with each other now and being in the same point at the same time, which gives me a lot more flexibility for killing people," Martin told Uproxx.
Here are the three "Game of Thrones" characters who are considered to be endangered for Martin's highly anticipated book 6, "The Winds of Winter" based on a post from MTV News.
1. Tyrion Lannister - One of the most loved character of the show, Tyrion Lannister is Martin's favorite character but he is one of the many POV characters in Slaver's Bay. On the show's season 4, Tyrion was seen leaving King's Landing after killing his father, Tywin Lannister. With the possibility of Tyrion's death, many fans were heartbroken knowing that Tyrion played by award-winning actor Peter Dinklage would be leaving the show.
2. Theon Greyjoy - Likely to be executed soon, Theon doesn't have much to live after he escaped from Ramsay Bolton and now under Stannis' clutches. But Theon could be plotting a revenge for Ramsay and he will be Stannis asset to win the war against the man who claimed the North including Winterfell.
3. Jon Snow - Another important character in the book series, Jon Snow was stabbed at the end of book 5 but many are anticipating that he will come back in book 6. There are some speculations that will come back via his direwolf, Ghost, or he will be resurrected from the dead the same as Beric Dondarrion.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination