‘The X Factor Australia’ 3rd Elimination Recap: Adrien Nookadu Exits After Deadlock Judges’ Votes [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | August 26, 2014 6:16 AM EST
“The X Factor Australia” has let go of another contestant on Monday night. After being in the dreaded bottom two twice, Adrien Nookadu was eliminated from the Seven Network reality competition show.
On Sunday, the categories have each been assigned a decade from which they would choose their song. Dannii Minogue’s Groups took on the ‘90s, Ronan Keating’s Girls had the ‘70s, Natalie Bassingthwaighte’s Boys got the ‘80s, while Redfoo’s Over 25s had the Now.
The contestants generally received positive feedbacks from the judges, though there were some who got mixed reviews, including Reigan Derry, Caitlyn Shadbolt, Sydnee Carter and Adrien.
Bottom two survivor XOX received the most polarising opinions from the judges. The Redfoo and Ronan didn’t think the girls had enough fire, which enraged Natalie and the girls’ mentor, Dannii.
Marlisa Punzalan, the youngest contestant at 14, was adorably clueless about “Grease,” the movie and not Greece the country. Nevertheless, she nailed her performance singing “Hopelessly Devoted to You” by Olivia Newton-John. The judges were in awe of how flawlessly the schoolgirl sang the piece.
On Monday, Redfoo, Ronan and Nat all concurred that XOX might be the next to go, given that the all-girl quartet’s performances were on the decline.
They were mistaken, though. XOX was safe for the week. 16-year-old Sydnee and 17-year-old Adrien, on the other hand, weren’t so lucky; they were thrust in the bottom two.
Sydnee begged for another week with OutKast’s “Hey Ya!” while Adrien implored the judges’ help with Bonnie Raitt’s “I Can’t Make You Love Me.”
The judges’ votes came to a deadlock, with both Ronan and Natalie supporting their own acts, Sydnee and Adrien respectively. Redfoo voted Adrien out, saying Sydnee’s recent performance was impressive, even if her others were not, while Dannii didn’t give a reason for voting out Sydnee.
Deadlock meant they would have to resort to the original public votes, and unfortunately for Adrien, he had the least votes.
Aussie veteran rocker Jimmy Barnes and British songstress Gabrielle Aplin were the guest performers for the week.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date