‘The X Factor Australia’ 3rd Elimination Recap: Adrien Nookadu Exits After Deadlock Judges’ Votes [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | August 26, 2014 6:16 AM EST
“The X Factor Australia” has let go of another contestant on Monday night. After being in the dreaded bottom two twice, Adrien Nookadu was eliminated from the Seven Network reality competition show.
On Sunday, the categories have each been assigned a decade from which they would choose their song. Dannii Minogue’s Groups took on the ‘90s, Ronan Keating’s Girls had the ‘70s, Natalie Bassingthwaighte’s Boys got the ‘80s, while Redfoo’s Over 25s had the Now.
The contestants generally received positive feedbacks from the judges, though there were some who got mixed reviews, including Reigan Derry, Caitlyn Shadbolt, Sydnee Carter and Adrien.
Bottom two survivor XOX received the most polarising opinions from the judges. The Redfoo and Ronan didn’t think the girls had enough fire, which enraged Natalie and the girls’ mentor, Dannii.
Marlisa Punzalan, the youngest contestant at 14, was adorably clueless about “Grease,” the movie and not Greece the country. Nevertheless, she nailed her performance singing “Hopelessly Devoted to You” by Olivia Newton-John. The judges were in awe of how flawlessly the schoolgirl sang the piece.
On Monday, Redfoo, Ronan and Nat all concurred that XOX might be the next to go, given that the all-girl quartet’s performances were on the decline.
They were mistaken, though. XOX was safe for the week. 16-year-old Sydnee and 17-year-old Adrien, on the other hand, weren’t so lucky; they were thrust in the bottom two.
Sydnee begged for another week with OutKast’s “Hey Ya!” while Adrien implored the judges’ help with Bonnie Raitt’s “I Can’t Make You Love Me.”
The judges’ votes came to a deadlock, with both Ronan and Natalie supporting their own acts, Sydnee and Adrien respectively. Redfoo voted Adrien out, saying Sydnee’s recent performance was impressive, even if her others were not, while Dannii didn’t give a reason for voting out Sydnee.
Deadlock meant they would have to resort to the original public votes, and unfortunately for Adrien, he had the least votes.
Aussie veteran rocker Jimmy Barnes and British songstress Gabrielle Aplin were the guest performers for the week.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants