Emmys 2014 Projected Winners: Betting Odds Favour “Orange is the New Black”, “Breaking Bad”
By James Patrick Quizon | August 26, 2014 5:02 AM EST
Roughly a year removed from its finale, “Breaking Bad” is still riding high on Walter White’s hype as the most popular series in TV history is the runaway favourite for the Outstanding Drama Series category even as Netflix’s “Orange is the New Black” is slightly chalked as the favoured series in the Outstanding Comedy Series category at the 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards.
Actress Uzo Aduba poses backstage with the Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series "Orange Is The New Black" at the 2014 Creative Arts Emmys Awards in Los Angeles, California August 16, 2014.
The ceremony to be hosted by comedian Seth Meyers will be held at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, California and scheduled to air on Monday night in the United States (Tuesday morning in Australia).
Betting Odds – To Win Outstanding Drama Series in the Emmys 2014
Breaking Bad (1.20)
True Detective (8.00)
Game of Thrones (9.00)
House of Cards (10.00)
Downton Abbey (51.00)
Mad Men (51.00)
Betting Odds – To Win Outstanding Comedy Series in the Emmys 2014
Orange is the New Black (2.50)
Modern Family (3.00)
The Big Bang Theory (11.00)
Silicon Valley (31.00)
For the uninitiated in sports/entertainment betting, the betting formula is: X (amount of wager) times betting odds equals payout. So for every, $100 bet on “Breaking Bad” means a $120 return (or a $20 payout). Conversely, if “Mad Men” pulls off the improbable upset in the Emmys 2014, the same $100 bet on it will earn the bettor a payout of $5,100!
“Breaking Bad” is poised for a repeat victory after winning the 2013 Emmys in the same category last year for the first part of its fifth and final season. There is a close-to-nil possibility that the Walter White and Jesse Pinkman show will come away as losers in the Emmys 2014 considering that the closest contenders—HBO’s “True Detective” and “Game of Thrones” are priced at 8.00 and 9.00, respectively.
However, it is a close race in the comedy series category in the Emmys 2014. “Modern Family”, which has won four consecutive Emmys from 2010 to 2013 is being threatened by newcomer “Orange is the New Black” which is priced at 2.50 to win the award.
Will "Breaking Bad" and "Orange is the New Black" live up to the billing as the favourite in the Emmys 2014? The betting odds are usually good indicators on which series will win.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues