Emmys 2014 Projected Winners: Betting Odds Favour “Orange is the New Black”, “Breaking Bad”
By James Patrick Quizon | August 26, 2014 5:02 AM EST
Roughly a year removed from its finale, “Breaking Bad” is still riding high on Walter White’s hype as the most popular series in TV history is the runaway favourite for the Outstanding Drama Series category even as Netflix’s “Orange is the New Black” is slightly chalked as the favoured series in the Outstanding Comedy Series category at the 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards.
Actress Uzo Aduba poses backstage with the Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series "Orange Is The New Black" at the 2014 Creative Arts Emmys Awards in Los Angeles, California August 16, 2014.
The ceremony to be hosted by comedian Seth Meyers will be held at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, California and scheduled to air on Monday night in the United States (Tuesday morning in Australia).
Betting Odds – To Win Outstanding Drama Series in the Emmys 2014
Breaking Bad (1.20)
True Detective (8.00)
Game of Thrones (9.00)
House of Cards (10.00)
Downton Abbey (51.00)
Mad Men (51.00)
Betting Odds – To Win Outstanding Comedy Series in the Emmys 2014
Orange is the New Black (2.50)
Modern Family (3.00)
The Big Bang Theory (11.00)
Silicon Valley (31.00)
For the uninitiated in sports/entertainment betting, the betting formula is: X (amount of wager) times betting odds equals payout. So for every, $100 bet on “Breaking Bad” means a $120 return (or a $20 payout). Conversely, if “Mad Men” pulls off the improbable upset in the Emmys 2014, the same $100 bet on it will earn the bettor a payout of $5,100!
“Breaking Bad” is poised for a repeat victory after winning the 2013 Emmys in the same category last year for the first part of its fifth and final season. There is a close-to-nil possibility that the Walter White and Jesse Pinkman show will come away as losers in the Emmys 2014 considering that the closest contenders—HBO’s “True Detective” and “Game of Thrones” are priced at 8.00 and 9.00, respectively.
However, it is a close race in the comedy series category in the Emmys 2014. “Modern Family”, which has won four consecutive Emmys from 2010 to 2013 is being threatened by newcomer “Orange is the New Black” which is priced at 2.50 to win the award.
Will "Breaking Bad" and "Orange is the New Black" live up to the billing as the favourite in the Emmys 2014? The betting odds are usually good indicators on which series will win.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2