Emmys 2014 Projected Winners: Betting Odds Favour “Orange is the New Black”, “Breaking Bad”
By James Patrick Quizon | August 26, 2014 5:02 AM EST
Roughly a year removed from its finale, “Breaking Bad” is still riding high on Walter White’s hype as the most popular series in TV history is the runaway favourite for the Outstanding Drama Series category even as Netflix’s “Orange is the New Black” is slightly chalked as the favoured series in the Outstanding Comedy Series category at the 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards.
Actress Uzo Aduba poses backstage with the Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series "Orange Is The New Black" at the 2014 Creative Arts Emmys Awards in Los Angeles, California August 16, 2014.
The ceremony to be hosted by comedian Seth Meyers will be held at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, California and scheduled to air on Monday night in the United States (Tuesday morning in Australia).
Betting Odds – To Win Outstanding Drama Series in the Emmys 2014
Breaking Bad (1.20)
True Detective (8.00)
Game of Thrones (9.00)
House of Cards (10.00)
Downton Abbey (51.00)
Mad Men (51.00)
Betting Odds – To Win Outstanding Comedy Series in the Emmys 2014
Orange is the New Black (2.50)
Modern Family (3.00)
The Big Bang Theory (11.00)
Silicon Valley (31.00)
For the uninitiated in sports/entertainment betting, the betting formula is: X (amount of wager) times betting odds equals payout. So for every, $100 bet on “Breaking Bad” means a $120 return (or a $20 payout). Conversely, if “Mad Men” pulls off the improbable upset in the Emmys 2014, the same $100 bet on it will earn the bettor a payout of $5,100!
“Breaking Bad” is poised for a repeat victory after winning the 2013 Emmys in the same category last year for the first part of its fifth and final season. There is a close-to-nil possibility that the Walter White and Jesse Pinkman show will come away as losers in the Emmys 2014 considering that the closest contenders—HBO’s “True Detective” and “Game of Thrones” are priced at 8.00 and 9.00, respectively.
However, it is a close race in the comedy series category in the Emmys 2014. “Modern Family”, which has won four consecutive Emmys from 2010 to 2013 is being threatened by newcomer “Orange is the New Black” which is priced at 2.50 to win the award.
Will "Breaking Bad" and "Orange is the New Black" live up to the billing as the favourite in the Emmys 2014? The betting odds are usually good indicators on which series will win.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories