Manny Pacquiao Recovers $585,000 Gold Rolex Watch Left in a Hotel Restroom
By Vittorio Hernandez | August 26, 2014 1:08 AM EST
Eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao posted on Monday night that a very expensive gold Rolex watch that he left behind in a five-star hotel in Manila was found. He made the post on his Facebook page from the Venetian Hotel and Casino Macau where he is on a six-city promo tour with opponent for Nov 23, Chris Algieri.
Manny Pacquiao from the Philippines attends a news conference at Venetian Macao in Macau August 25, 2014. Pacquiao will defend his WBO welterweight title against Chris Algieri of the U.S. at the Venetian's Cotai Arena in Macau on November 22, 2014.
Pacquiao posted on Friday about the loss and offered a P5 million reward for the finder. He pointed out that it is more expensive than a Ferrari.
In an earlier post, Pacquiao said the watch costs $585,000, but it is not water-resistant, so he took if off when he washed his hands but forgot about the timepiece.
The boxer said the watch, which he had reported to Rolex as lost, is 100 per cent insured, and one of only 11 such watches made in the world owned by celebrities such as Brad Pitt, Bill Gates, SM Malls President Hans Sy, Kobe Bryant, Prince Charles, the former Prime Minister of Thailand Thaksin Shinawatra, Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen and a Dubai prince.
Pacquiao did not provide details on who found the watch and if the P5 million reward he promised would go to the lucky chap.
While it is public knowledge that Pacquiao is a billionaire - being the richest congressman in the Philippines - with expensive homes and cars, he really doesn't flaunt his wealth.
In contrast, Floyd Mayweather posts in social media sites images of his opulent lifestyle, ranging from expensive watches, to pricey cars he gives to his girlfriend, the yacht he owns and even his morning ritual of a body scrub from a female assistant.
Money May, in response to detractors that he in uneducated, showed two cheques worth more than $72 million, representing his purse from fights with Saul Alvarez and Marcos Maidana.
The flash of wealth was in response to a New York radio announcer named Charlamagne Tha God who broadcast a tape showing Mayweather struggling to read a promo for a show.
It was preceded by a $75,000 charity challenge from rapper and former friend 50 Cent for the unbeaten boxer to read a page from Harry Potter without stumbling.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles