Manny Pacquiao Recovers $585,000 Gold Rolex Watch Left in a Hotel Restroom
By Vittorio Hernandez | August 26, 2014 1:08 AM EST
Eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao posted on Monday night that a very expensive gold Rolex watch that he left behind in a five-star hotel in Manila was found. He made the post on his Facebook page from the Venetian Hotel and Casino Macau where he is on a six-city promo tour with opponent for Nov 23, Chris Algieri.
Manny Pacquiao from the Philippines attends a news conference at Venetian Macao in Macau August 25, 2014. Pacquiao will defend his WBO welterweight title against Chris Algieri of the U.S. at the Venetian's Cotai Arena in Macau on November 22, 2014.
Pacquiao posted on Friday about the loss and offered a P5 million reward for the finder. He pointed out that it is more expensive than a Ferrari.
In an earlier post, Pacquiao said the watch costs $585,000, but it is not water-resistant, so he took if off when he washed his hands but forgot about the timepiece.
The boxer said the watch, which he had reported to Rolex as lost, is 100 per cent insured, and one of only 11 such watches made in the world owned by celebrities such as Brad Pitt, Bill Gates, SM Malls President Hans Sy, Kobe Bryant, Prince Charles, the former Prime Minister of Thailand Thaksin Shinawatra, Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen and a Dubai prince.
Pacquiao did not provide details on who found the watch and if the P5 million reward he promised would go to the lucky chap.
While it is public knowledge that Pacquiao is a billionaire - being the richest congressman in the Philippines - with expensive homes and cars, he really doesn't flaunt his wealth.
In contrast, Floyd Mayweather posts in social media sites images of his opulent lifestyle, ranging from expensive watches, to pricey cars he gives to his girlfriend, the yacht he owns and even his morning ritual of a body scrub from a female assistant.
Money May, in response to detractors that he in uneducated, showed two cheques worth more than $72 million, representing his purse from fights with Saul Alvarez and Marcos Maidana.
The flash of wealth was in response to a New York radio announcer named Charlamagne Tha God who broadcast a tape showing Mayweather struggling to read a promo for a show.
It was preceded by a $75,000 charity challenge from rapper and former friend 50 Cent for the unbeaten boxer to read a page from Harry Potter without stumbling.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone