Manny Pacquiao Recovers $585,000 Gold Rolex Watch Left in a Hotel Restroom
By Vittorio Hernandez | August 26, 2014 1:08 AM EST
Eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao posted on Monday night that a very expensive gold Rolex watch that he left behind in a five-star hotel in Manila was found. He made the post on his Facebook page from the Venetian Hotel and Casino Macau where he is on a six-city promo tour with opponent for Nov 23, Chris Algieri.
Manny Pacquiao from the Philippines attends a news conference at Venetian Macao in Macau August 25, 2014. Pacquiao will defend his WBO welterweight title against Chris Algieri of the U.S. at the Venetian's Cotai Arena in Macau on November 22, 2014.
Pacquiao posted on Friday about the loss and offered a P5 million reward for the finder. He pointed out that it is more expensive than a Ferrari.
In an earlier post, Pacquiao said the watch costs $585,000, but it is not water-resistant, so he took if off when he washed his hands but forgot about the timepiece.
The boxer said the watch, which he had reported to Rolex as lost, is 100 per cent insured, and one of only 11 such watches made in the world owned by celebrities such as Brad Pitt, Bill Gates, SM Malls President Hans Sy, Kobe Bryant, Prince Charles, the former Prime Minister of Thailand Thaksin Shinawatra, Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen and a Dubai prince.
Pacquiao did not provide details on who found the watch and if the P5 million reward he promised would go to the lucky chap.
While it is public knowledge that Pacquiao is a billionaire - being the richest congressman in the Philippines - with expensive homes and cars, he really doesn't flaunt his wealth.
In contrast, Floyd Mayweather posts in social media sites images of his opulent lifestyle, ranging from expensive watches, to pricey cars he gives to his girlfriend, the yacht he owns and even his morning ritual of a body scrub from a female assistant.
Money May, in response to detractors that he in uneducated, showed two cheques worth more than $72 million, representing his purse from fights with Saul Alvarez and Marcos Maidana.
The flash of wealth was in response to a New York radio announcer named Charlamagne Tha God who broadcast a tape showing Mayweather struggling to read a promo for a show.
It was preceded by a $75,000 charity challenge from rapper and former friend 50 Cent for the unbeaten boxer to read a page from Harry Potter without stumbling.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes