‘The Big Bang Theory’: Jim Parsons Talks About Season 8 Production Delay
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 25, 2014 11:02 PM EST
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 production was scheduled to begin on July 30 but it got delayed because the leading actors has not signed on new contract. Jim Parsons [Sheldon], Kaley Cuoco [Penny], Johnny Galecki [Leonard], Simon Helberg [Howard] and Kunal Nayyar [Raj] did not report to the table read on the scheduled, as they were negotiating a huge pay hike with the producing house, Warner Bros. TV.
Actor Jim Parsons accepts the Best Actor in a Comedy Series award for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
Parsons was the first to successfully negotiate the terms of his new contract. Parsons, Cuoco and Galecki are now taking home a whopping $1 million per episode. The Season 8 finally began production, after nearly a week's delay, on Aug. 08.
Speaking about the delay in production, the actor said to Entertainment Weekly (EW): "I always thought everything would be worked out by the start date [July 30]. When it wasn't, it certainly wasn't a good feeling, but there was absolutely no getting around the fact that everything had to be dealt with and finished before we could get back."
Parsons also felt that words like "walking out" and "strike" were inappropriate, as there was nothing to walk out from. He said to EW: "That's always hard, because part of you wants to explain to people what's really going on. 'Don't worry, we're not leaving, we want to do the show.'"
The premiere date has not been pushed ahead. "The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 is scheduled to premiere on Sept. 22, 2014, with two episodes. The opening episode of the season is likely to reveal Sheldon's whereabouts. At the end of Season 7, Sheldon was at the railway platform, waiting to get on a train to disappear for a while from Pasadena to discover himself. There were speculations that he may never have left Pasadena. TV Line's spoiler report has put to rest all such speculations. It has revealed that Sheldon did get on the train.
The new season of "The Big Bang Theory" will continue to show the growth and evolution of the characters. It will be interesting to see if Sheldon appears in Season 8, with some change in his attitude or not.
Parsons has once again earned Emmy nomination for his "The Big Bang Theory" role.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2