‘The Big Bang Theory’: Jim Parsons Talks About Season 8 Production Delay
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 25, 2014 11:02 PM EST
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 production was scheduled to begin on July 30 but it got delayed because the leading actors has not signed on new contract. Jim Parsons [Sheldon], Kaley Cuoco [Penny], Johnny Galecki [Leonard], Simon Helberg [Howard] and Kunal Nayyar [Raj] did not report to the table read on the scheduled, as they were negotiating a huge pay hike with the producing house, Warner Bros. TV.
Actor Jim Parsons accepts the Best Actor in a Comedy Series award for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
Parsons was the first to successfully negotiate the terms of his new contract. Parsons, Cuoco and Galecki are now taking home a whopping $1 million per episode. The Season 8 finally began production, after nearly a week's delay, on Aug. 08.
Speaking about the delay in production, the actor said to Entertainment Weekly (EW): "I always thought everything would be worked out by the start date [July 30]. When it wasn't, it certainly wasn't a good feeling, but there was absolutely no getting around the fact that everything had to be dealt with and finished before we could get back."
Parsons also felt that words like "walking out" and "strike" were inappropriate, as there was nothing to walk out from. He said to EW: "That's always hard, because part of you wants to explain to people what's really going on. 'Don't worry, we're not leaving, we want to do the show.'"
The premiere date has not been pushed ahead. "The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 is scheduled to premiere on Sept. 22, 2014, with two episodes. The opening episode of the season is likely to reveal Sheldon's whereabouts. At the end of Season 7, Sheldon was at the railway platform, waiting to get on a train to disappear for a while from Pasadena to discover himself. There were speculations that he may never have left Pasadena. TV Line's spoiler report has put to rest all such speculations. It has revealed that Sheldon did get on the train.
The new season of "The Big Bang Theory" will continue to show the growth and evolution of the characters. It will be interesting to see if Sheldon appears in Season 8, with some change in his attitude or not.
Parsons has once again earned Emmy nomination for his "The Big Bang Theory" role.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best