Emmy Awards 2014: Where To Watch Live Online, Top Nominations [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 25, 2014 10:59 PM EST
The 66th Primetime Emmy Awards is set to air on Monday night, Aug. 25. The last time the awards were held on Monday was in 1976. The award ceremony was shifted from Sunday to Monday because NBC wanted to avoid scheduling conflict with NFL Sunday Night Football, according to reports.
Actor Matthew McConaughey accepts the award for Best Actor in a Drama Series for "True Detective" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
HBO's "Game of Thrones" is leading the pack with 19 nominations. AMC's cult series "Breaking Bad," which wrapped-up last year, is still capable of breaking its competitors' hearts. It has received 16 nominations, including for the show in the outstanding drama series category. Bryan Cranston still looks good to bag his fourth Emmy for his role of Walter White and Heisenberg in "Breaking Bad."
In the mini-series category, FX's new anthology series "Fargo" has earned 18 nominations, while FX's horror anthology series "American Horror Story" Season 3 "Coven" has scored 17 nominations. Martin Freeman has been nominated in the outstanding actor in a miniseries or movie category for "Fargo." The actor will have to beat his "Sherlock" co-actor Benedict Cumberbatch ["Sherlock: His Last Vow"] and his "Fargo" co-actor Billy Bob Thornton to get hold of the Emmy.
In its first Emmy year, Netflix's original drama-comedy "Orange is the New Black" has snagged 12 nominations. It will have to beat CBS' hugely popular comedy "The Big Bang Theory" to get hold of the outstanding comedy series award.
"Mad Men" will be wrapping-up next year in spring after airing the final seven episodes of its swansong season. It has scored eight Emmy nominations, including outstanding actor in drama series nomination for Jon Hamm [Don Draper]. It seem unlikely that the actor is going to win again, as he has to beat Matthew McConaughey ["True Detective], who seems to be the favourite to win this year, Cranston, Kevin Spacey ["House of Cards"], Woody Harrelson ["True Detective"] and Jeff Daniels ["The Newsroom"].
Where to Watch 66th Primetime Emmy Awards:
Backstage Live!: It is for the fifth time in a row the Television Academy will be streaming behind-the-scenes at the Primetime Emmys. "More than 15 cameras will capture the action on the Red Carpet, Backstage and outside the Governors Ball," according to the Television Academy Page.
According to NBC's press release, Twitter and Facebook are set to have "robust activations" on the red carpet. Twitter is introducing a zip line camera featuring footage from the red carpet and pre-show, while the Facebook Mentions Box will make its debut on the red carpet.
For red-carpet coverage: Check out E!'s "Live From the Red Carpet."
And, the award ceremony can be seen live at NBC's site.
Emmy 2014 Nominations Video:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date