Manchester United News: Marcos Rojo Can Face Prison For One Year
By Mohammad Sohaib | August 25, 2014 9:18 PM EST
It can't get any worst for Manchester United this season, as their newly signed player Marcos Rojo can go to jail for a year. Marcos Rojo, the Argentinean defender and a very highly signing at Old Trafford can face prison if found guilty of attacking his neighbour with a bottle. He has yet to decide on flying back to Argentina and is currently sweating at the prospects of facing prison. Earlier, he was not available to play for Manchester United against Sunderland, since he didn't have a work permit with him.
“I have worked really hard for this opportunity and now I am at the biggest club in the world and I want to win trophies.” - Marcos Rojo
It is surprising to see that the incident that took place four years back is being pursued now. In 2010, Rojo allegedly attacked his neighbour with a bottle after they entered into a heated conversation. The prosecutor Marcelo Rumero is waiting for Rojo's lawyers to reply and are determined that he should appear in the court despite the fact that he has just started a new season with United.
The medical report of incident suggests that injuries were inflicted at the opponents 'face, body and arm', as reported by Mirror. The case was reported in October 2012 and again in May this year and there is still silence on Marcos Rojo's part. If Rojo is found guilty, he will be jailed for at least 12 months. There has been a buzz about this signing as United were already short of defenders. Rojo was expected to play in the match against Sunderland but he is still waiting on his work permit.
Rojo declined to remark on the news and United management has not released an official statement. There will be some heavy criticism on the part of the management if Rojo is found guilty. He was accused in May and the management would have known about it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS