Drama Behind 50 Cent And Floyd Mayweather Beef
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 25, 2014 9:07 PM EST
The beef between Floyd Mayweather and 50 Cent seemed to have cooled down for a little while but now it is back. The "In The Club" singer has been nudging and prodding the undefeated boxer on social media.
Jul 14, 2014; New York, NY, USA; Floyd Mayweather Jr. reacts during press conference at Times Square.
Speaking to radio station Power 106, 50 Cent revealed the real story behind his feud with Mayweather. It reportedly all began around the year 2012. It was the time when Mayweather was sentenced to serve three months in jail. Mayweather had asked for 50 Cent's assistance to manage Mayweather Promotions.
50 Cent put it together for Mayweather, but as it turned out, the rapper claimed that he has shelled out a lot of dough and never got paid. According to 50 Cent, Mayweather was living a luxurious life as soon as he got out of prison, buying expensive bling and fancy cars. 50 Cent said that the unbeaten boxer didn't bother to pay what he owed him. He added that he didn't want to press charges against Mayweather because he just got out of jail.
50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, said that Mayweather denied giving him the go signal to start Mayweather Promotions. The duo then exchanged nasty tweets. Eventually, the tiff died down, but 50 Cent re-ignited the beef after posting a video in response to Mayweather's statement.
Apparently, Mayweather has said in an interview with Mlive.com that hip-hop artists try to lift their charms in the general public by associating themselves with him in a controversial manner.
50 Cent didn't stop trolling Mayweather and yet posted another video of him challenging Mayweather to read the "Harry Potter" book out loud without making any mistake in reference of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. He said that he would donate a quarter of million dollars to any of Mayweather's charity of choice if the boxer will give in to his challenge.
The incident was further heated up when a radio station based in New York, Power 105, talked about Mayweather's inability to read well, airing some audios of the unbeaten boxer, who appeared to be having a hard time reading off a script.
As such, Mayweather wouldn't let anyone insult him and responded with a picture that he posted on Twitter. Mayweather wouldn't let it pass without throwing his jab at 50 Cent. Now, they are at it again. He posted a picture of his huge pay checks worth $72 million.
Read this $72,276,000.00. God bless. pic.twitter.com/dpwE3X7eLR
— Floyd Mayweather (@FloydMayweather) August 23, 2014
Then again, 50 Cent replied in another video that he shared to his Instagram followers.
"I guess you want people to see your math is better than your reading, get an account Floyd, the people around you are using you, if you mad at me, call me or see me," 50 cent captioned it. He has also been posting digitally-altered pictures of the American boxer such as a fight poster between Mayweather and Harry Potter and another picture of a busy-looking Mayweather who was reading the popular children's book "The Cat in the Hat."
It seemed that neither 50 Cent nor Mayweather are willing to make a real effort to resolve their beef, at least as of this moment. The two will be on a long car ride and no one can stop their constant bickering.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4