Floyd Mayweather Shrugs Off Amir Khan’s Comments About Manny Pacquiao Being A Tougher Opponent Than Him
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 25, 2014 5:47 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather has expressed his sentiments after hearing about the statements that Amir Khan has made, claiming that Manny Pacquiao would present a tougher contest than him. Mayweather wasn't much bothered about the British boxer's comments.
WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. of the U.S. poses on the scale during an official weigh-in at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, May 2, 2014. Mayweather faces WBA welterweight champion Marcos Maidana of Argentina in a WBC/WBA unification fight at the arena on May 3. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
"I saw the comments where he thought Manny would give him a tougher fight than me," Mayweather said via the Daily Mail. "I have no response to that, I will just remind him of those comments after I have beaten him."
According to Mayweather, the fight between him and Khan could still happen. He added that he just couldn't simply fight anybody. A fighter will have to first prove his worth to land a fight with him, the unbeaten boxer further stated. However, Mayweather hinted that the fight that Khan has been longing to have will still happen, but not in 2014.
"If you ask me will the fight happen, then I would say yes, I hope next year, but these fights are always about timing."
Khan has said that the eight-division Filipino world champion was more aggressive, which makes a bout with him more intense. He has compared a fight with Mayweather more like a game of chess.
It has been widely known that Khan has always wanted to fight Mayweather. Earlier this year, Mayweather has created a poll asking boxing fans to pick his May opponent between Khan and the Argentine fighter Marcos Maidana. Even though Khan primarily won the poll, Mayweather ended up choosing Maidana over Khan. Nonetheless, Khan still appeared in Mayweather vs. Maidana fight as an undercard match. Both Mayweather and Khan earned victories.
Khan's dream fight with American boxer was further stalled because a rematch between Mayweather and Maidana was set at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas in September. Besides, Ramadan will also forbid Khan from fighting Mayweather in September. Khan's next fight will be against Kell Brook, The Telegraph reported. The fight will take place at Wembley Stadium in May.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks