Olivia Wilde Dumped Chilly "Breast Milk" for the ALS Bucket Challenge [Video]
By Afza Fathima | August 25, 2014 4:44 PM EST
New mother Olivia Wilde attempted the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge in a different way by dumping chilly "breast milk" instead of ice water over herself, reported Yahoo News.
Actress Olivia Wilde, wearing Lorraine Schwartz jewelry and a dress by Valentino, arrives at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
In the video she posted of her performing the Ice Bucket Challenge, Olivia, an advocate of breastfeeding, said that she couldn't find any water, so she was using breast milk and it took her all night to make it.
Wilde, the fiancee of Jason Sudeikis and mother of Otis, 4-month old, cleared up the confusion on Twitter by posting the following message:
Oh wait some of you thought that was really breast milk? Oh dear. Uh thank you? But my boobs aren't that generous. Haha.
— olivia wilde (@oliviawilde) August 24, 2014
Olivia, who accepted the challenge from actor Ty Simpkins and actress Dianna Agron has made it clear in the video that she is just not doing the challenge but donating it as well in the honour of her friend, Scott Lew. She has nominated Cory Booker, the New Jersey senator, Gloria Steinem, a women's rights advocate and an artist known as Prince.
Her fiance accepted the challenge from Mitt Romney, the former U.S. presidential nominee, and poured ice cold water over himself.
ALS is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a disease that causes the patients to lose control of their muscles, with a possibility of total paralysis. It is also known as Lou Gehrig's disease or motor neurone disease.
ALS Association raised funds through the Ice Bucket Challenge, almost $63 million dollars, in which a person had to post a video of him pouring a bucket of ice water over his head and then nominating three others to do the same, failure to do so means they have to make a donation of an amount between $10 and 100 as decided by the one nominating. Facebook's founder, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates and Lady Gaga also took part in the challenge.
The ALS Association wrote on it's Web site, "Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), often referred to as "Lou Gehrig's Disease," is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. Motor neurons reach from the brain to the spinal cord and from the spinal cord to the muscles throughout the body. The progressive degeneration of the motor neurons in ALS eventually leads to their death. When the motor neurons die, the ability of the brain to initiate and control muscle movement is lost. With voluntary muscle action progressively affected, patients in the later stages of the disease may become totally paralysed."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Spreads Through Red Cross Vaccine - Ghana Nurse ‘Testifies’; The Truth About Red Cross
- Ebola Outbreak To Continue Until Effective Vaccine Surfaces; 120,000 Women To Die of Childbirth
- Ebola Does Not Infect But Scares Southwestern College To Evacuate Students
- Glaucoma Is The Culprit Behind Bono's Fixation For Sunglasses; Watch The Spoiler For Graham Norton Show Where Rock Star Reveals The Same
- Ebola Outbreak Blamed on Infected Bushmeat; First Family to Catch Virus Hunted Bats
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored