T-Mobile Windows Phone 8.1 For Nokia Lumia 521 and Lumia 925 to be Released Later This Year
By Ryan Inoyori | August 25, 2014 4:27 PM EST
T-Mobile subscribers of Nokia Lumia 521 and Lumia 925 are soon to enjoy several new features from Windows Phone 8.1 update after the official confirmation of the software planning from the network carrier.
T-Mobile Lumia 521 and Lumia 925 Update
A tweet from T-Mobile officially confirms the planning of Windows Phone 8.1 update for subscribers of Nokia Lumia 521 and Lumia 925. Users are notified to keep an eye for T-Mobile's software support page for the new Windows Phone firmware expected to be released later this year.
— T-Mobile USA (@TMobileHelp) August 22, 2014
Windows Phone 8.1 update for Nokia Lumia 521 and Lumia 925 is already available for AT&T subscribers via Over the Air process bringing several new capabilities and functionalities such as new personalisation options for the Live Tiles, unification of Microsoft services using One Windows feature, Xbox default services and more efficiency on the keyboard, notifications and management tools.
As of date, Lumia 925 latest software remains on 3051.4000.1404.0011 build version with improvements to the App Switcher, Screen Rotation Lock, Driving Mode, Nokia Camera, Nokia Storyteller, Nokia Beamer, Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy, Nokia "Glance" Screen and custom ringtones for Messaging and Email apps.
Official Features of Windows Phone 8.1 Update
Windows Phone 8.1 update for Nokia Lumia smartphones and other compatible devices will receive several new features and various system improvements. Here are the details provided by Microsoft and the latest update history on Windows Phone 8.X.
1. Virtual smartphone assistant for queries and suggestions called Cortana.
2. Live Tiles and Start Screen personalisation options.
3. New camera updates including support for various photo apps.
4. Integration of Microsoft apps and services such as OneDrive, Skype and Office apps.
5. Xbox default services including Xbox Music and Xbox Video.
6. Improved efficiency on the virtual keyboard, Action Centre and management tools.
7. Use of Folders on the Start Screen now enabled.
8. Multiple text messages with forwarding now supported.
9. Multiple selection for call logs, messages and contacts.
10. Internet Explorer 11 with improved user experience.
11. Accessory apps support for smartwatches, active phone cover, fitness tracker and more.
12. Internet sharing of mobile data to Bluetooth.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Motorola Nexus 6 Hidden LED Light: How To Enable It Using Light Flow Android Application
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013