BlackBerry Z30 VS. Nokia Lumia 1020 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 25, 2014 3:44 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the BlackBerry Z30 or the Nokia Lumia 1020, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Nokia Chief Executive Stephen Elop demonstrates the camera technology of the company's latest high-end smartphone, the Lumia 1020, at the company's headquarters in Espoo, during an interview with Reuters, July 17, 2013. Picture taken July 17, 2013. REUTERS/Ritsuko Ando
Display and Design
The BlackBerry Z30 comes with a 5-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The Nokia Lumia 1020 comes with a 4.5-inch AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 768 x 1280 pixels. Both the devices are about the same in this category. The Z30 has 294 ppi pixels display density compared to the 332 ppi pixels display density on the Lumia 1020.
The BlackBerry Z30 measures 140.7 x 72 x 9.4 mm and weighs 170 grams. The Nokia Lumia 1020 is comparatively smaller and lighter. The device measures 130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4 mm and weighs 158 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The BlackBerry Z30 is equipped with a 1.7 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960T Pro Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nokia Lumia 1020 is equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The BlackBerry Z30 runs on the BlackBerry 10.2 operating system and the Nokia Lumia 1020 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system, which can be upgraded to the 8.1 version. Both the devices have 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power both the devices are about the same.
The BlackBerry Z30 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Nokia Lumia 1020 sports a 41 MP primary camera with Carl Zeiss optics, optical image stabilization, auto/manual focus and Xenon and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP.
The BlackBerry Z30 comes with a Li-Ion 2880 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 18 hours on 3G. The Nokia Lumia 1020 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 13 hours and 20 minutes on 3G.
Price in Australia
Both the BlackBerry Z30 4G LTE variant and the Nokia Lumia 1020 4G LTE variant are priced at around AU $429.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch