BlackBerry Z30 VS. Nokia Lumia 1020 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 25, 2014 3:44 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the BlackBerry Z30 or the Nokia Lumia 1020, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Nokia Chief Executive Stephen Elop demonstrates the camera technology of the company's latest high-end smartphone, the Lumia 1020, at the company's headquarters in Espoo, during an interview with Reuters, July 17, 2013. Picture taken July 17, 2013. REUTERS/Ritsuko Ando
Display and Design
The BlackBerry Z30 comes with a 5-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The Nokia Lumia 1020 comes with a 4.5-inch AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 768 x 1280 pixels. Both the devices are about the same in this category. The Z30 has 294 ppi pixels display density compared to the 332 ppi pixels display density on the Lumia 1020.
The BlackBerry Z30 measures 140.7 x 72 x 9.4 mm and weighs 170 grams. The Nokia Lumia 1020 is comparatively smaller and lighter. The device measures 130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4 mm and weighs 158 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The BlackBerry Z30 is equipped with a 1.7 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960T Pro Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nokia Lumia 1020 is equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The BlackBerry Z30 runs on the BlackBerry 10.2 operating system and the Nokia Lumia 1020 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system, which can be upgraded to the 8.1 version. Both the devices have 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power both the devices are about the same.
The BlackBerry Z30 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Nokia Lumia 1020 sports a 41 MP primary camera with Carl Zeiss optics, optical image stabilization, auto/manual focus and Xenon and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP.
The BlackBerry Z30 comes with a Li-Ion 2880 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 18 hours on 3G. The Nokia Lumia 1020 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 13 hours and 20 minutes on 3G.
Price in Australia
Both the BlackBerry Z30 4G LTE variant and the Nokia Lumia 1020 4G LTE variant are priced at around AU $429.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate