LG G3 Beat vs LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 25, 2014 3:43 PM EST
The LG G3 Beat is also known as the G3 S in some markets. For readers who are considering buying the G3 Beat or the G2 smartphones, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia.
Journalists look at the new LG G2 smart phone following its debut at a news conference in New York August 7, 2013. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid
Display and Design
The LG G3 Beat comes with a 5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The LG G2 comes with a 5.2-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The G2 is the clear winner in this category with 424 ppi pixels display density compared to the 294 ppi pixels display density on the G3 Beat.
The LG G3 Beat measures 137.7 x 69.6 x 10.3 mm and weighs 133 grams. The LG G2 has similar dimensions but is slightly heavier. The device measures 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9 mm and weighs 143 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The LG G3 Beat is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G2 is equipped with a 2.26 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The LG G3 Beat runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. The LG G2 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the G2 is the clear winner.
The LG G3 Beat sports an 8 MP primary camera with laser autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP. The LG G2 sports a 13 MP autofocus, optical image stabilization and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP.
The LG G3 Beat comes with a Li-Ion 2540 mAh battery and the LG G2 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The LG G3 Beat is priced at around AU $359.95 and the LG G2 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $419.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports