LG G3 Beat vs LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 25, 2014 3:43 PM EST
The LG G3 Beat is also known as the G3 S in some markets. For readers who are considering buying the G3 Beat or the G2 smartphones, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia.
Journalists look at the new LG G2 smart phone following its debut at a news conference in New York August 7, 2013. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid
Display and Design
The LG G3 Beat comes with a 5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The LG G2 comes with a 5.2-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The G2 is the clear winner in this category with 424 ppi pixels display density compared to the 294 ppi pixels display density on the G3 Beat.
The LG G3 Beat measures 137.7 x 69.6 x 10.3 mm and weighs 133 grams. The LG G2 has similar dimensions but is slightly heavier. The device measures 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9 mm and weighs 143 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The LG G3 Beat is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G2 is equipped with a 2.26 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The LG G3 Beat runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. The LG G2 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the G2 is the clear winner.
The LG G3 Beat sports an 8 MP primary camera with laser autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP. The LG G2 sports a 13 MP autofocus, optical image stabilization and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP.
The LG G3 Beat comes with a Li-Ion 2540 mAh battery and the LG G2 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The LG G3 Beat is priced at around AU $359.95 and the LG G2 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $419.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS