LG G3 Beat vs LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 25, 2014 3:43 PM EST
The LG G3 Beat is also known as the G3 S in some markets. For readers who are considering buying the G3 Beat or the G2 smartphones, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia.
Journalists look at the new LG G2 smart phone following its debut at a news conference in New York August 7, 2013. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid
Display and Design
The LG G3 Beat comes with a 5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The LG G2 comes with a 5.2-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The G2 is the clear winner in this category with 424 ppi pixels display density compared to the 294 ppi pixels display density on the G3 Beat.
The LG G3 Beat measures 137.7 x 69.6 x 10.3 mm and weighs 133 grams. The LG G2 has similar dimensions but is slightly heavier. The device measures 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9 mm and weighs 143 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The LG G3 Beat is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G2 is equipped with a 2.26 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The LG G3 Beat runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. The LG G2 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the G2 is the clear winner.
The LG G3 Beat sports an 8 MP primary camera with laser autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP. The LG G2 sports a 13 MP autofocus, optical image stabilization and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP.
The LG G3 Beat comes with a Li-Ion 2540 mAh battery and the LG G2 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The LG G3 Beat is priced at around AU $359.95 and the LG G2 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $419.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James