LG G3 Beat vs LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 25, 2014 3:43 PM EST
The LG G3 Beat is also known as the G3 S in some markets. For readers who are considering buying the G3 Beat or the G2 smartphones, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia.
Journalists look at the new LG G2 smart phone following its debut at a news conference in New York August 7, 2013. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid
Display and Design
The LG G3 Beat comes with a 5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The LG G2 comes with a 5.2-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The G2 is the clear winner in this category with 424 ppi pixels display density compared to the 294 ppi pixels display density on the G3 Beat.
The LG G3 Beat measures 137.7 x 69.6 x 10.3 mm and weighs 133 grams. The LG G2 has similar dimensions but is slightly heavier. The device measures 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9 mm and weighs 143 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The LG G3 Beat is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G2 is equipped with a 2.26 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The LG G3 Beat runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. The LG G2 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the G2 is the clear winner.
The LG G3 Beat sports an 8 MP primary camera with laser autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP. The LG G2 sports a 13 MP autofocus, optical image stabilization and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP.
The LG G3 Beat comes with a Li-Ion 2540 mAh battery and the LG G2 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The LG G3 Beat is priced at around AU $359.95 and the LG G2 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $419.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage