‘Winds of Winter’ George R. R. Martin Has Flexibility To Kill Even More Characters
By Sachin Trivedi | August 25, 2014 3:33 PM EST
"Winds of Winter" may have more characters dying, thanks to many of the characters converging after many years. The author, George R. R. Martin, has reportedly said that with multiple characters now coming together at the same time and at the same place gives him more flexibility to kill.
George R.R. Martin, author of the "Song of Ice and Fire" fantasy series that is the basis of the television series "Game of Thrones", gestures during his masterclass at the Neuchatel International Fantastic Film Festival (NIFFF) in Neuchatel July 10, 2014. REUTERS/Denis Balibouse
The author was speaking about his work and childhood experiences with writing. In a report on BuzzFeed, George R. R. Martin said that in the beginning of "A Song of Ice and Fire" all the characters were together but then each character started to go his/her own way. Now, some of the characters are occasionally crossing paths. This will give the author the opportunity to kill more characters at the same time.
Fans of the series will remember that most of the Lannisters and the entire Stark Family was seen together at dinner when Robert Baratheon visited Ned Stark in Winterfell. Many of the characters from that dinner are now dead, while others have been spread across the realm.
Two big battles are expected in "Winds of Winter." The first is between Daenerys Targaryen and the Yunkai forces supported by other Free Cities that have lost business due to the end of slave trade. Daenerys was last seen on her dragon Drogon far away from Meereen where she sees the Khalasar of Khal Jhaqo.
The second big battle in "Winds of Winter" is between Stannis Baratheon and the forces of the Boltons, led by Ramsay. So far Stannis has faced a massive defeat at the hands of the Lannisters and has made his way to The Wall. Things have changed for the better for him as he defeated the Wildling army and has secured the support of the Iron Bank.
Tyrion Lannister saw Daenerys Targaryen once when he was about to be executed, but was saved by her. He has so far tried to enlist support for Daenerys in her fight against the Yunkai. Fans of the series are waiting with bated breath to see which character George R. R. Martin will kill next in "Winds of Winter."
More Articles to Read
'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Spoilers: Jon Snow [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Spoilers: Lord Varys Background Story [Read]
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Tyrion Lannister's New Friend [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft