‘Winds of Winter’ George R. R. Martin Has Flexibility To Kill Even More Characters
By Sachin Trivedi | August 25, 2014 3:33 PM EST
"Winds of Winter" may have more characters dying, thanks to many of the characters converging after many years. The author, George R. R. Martin, has reportedly said that with multiple characters now coming together at the same time and at the same place gives him more flexibility to kill.
George R.R. Martin, author of the "Song of Ice and Fire" fantasy series that is the basis of the television series "Game of Thrones", gestures during his masterclass at the Neuchatel International Fantastic Film Festival (NIFFF) in Neuchatel July 10, 2014. REUTERS/Denis Balibouse
The author was speaking about his work and childhood experiences with writing. In a report on BuzzFeed, George R. R. Martin said that in the beginning of "A Song of Ice and Fire" all the characters were together but then each character started to go his/her own way. Now, some of the characters are occasionally crossing paths. This will give the author the opportunity to kill more characters at the same time.
Fans of the series will remember that most of the Lannisters and the entire Stark Family was seen together at dinner when Robert Baratheon visited Ned Stark in Winterfell. Many of the characters from that dinner are now dead, while others have been spread across the realm.
Two big battles are expected in "Winds of Winter." The first is between Daenerys Targaryen and the Yunkai forces supported by other Free Cities that have lost business due to the end of slave trade. Daenerys was last seen on her dragon Drogon far away from Meereen where she sees the Khalasar of Khal Jhaqo.
The second big battle in "Winds of Winter" is between Stannis Baratheon and the forces of the Boltons, led by Ramsay. So far Stannis has faced a massive defeat at the hands of the Lannisters and has made his way to The Wall. Things have changed for the better for him as he defeated the Wildling army and has secured the support of the Iron Bank.
Tyrion Lannister saw Daenerys Targaryen once when he was about to be executed, but was saved by her. He has so far tried to enlist support for Daenerys in her fight against the Yunkai. Fans of the series are waiting with bated breath to see which character George R. R. Martin will kill next in "Winds of Winter."
More Articles to Read
'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Spoilers: Jon Snow [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Spoilers: Lord Varys Background Story [Read]
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Tyrion Lannister's New Friend [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage