Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo: Top Changes and Improvements From Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update
By Ryan Inoyori | August 25, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Android 4.4.2 KitKat official update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo is now available and it includes several changes to boost performance, improve user experience and more. In addition, users are allowed to download and install the update in three different methods.
Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo started rolling in South Korea then followed by the international variant in India. South Korean model of the device received the N750SKSU1BND3 firmware build version via wireless update or Samsung Kies PC Suite while the international firmware that started seeding in India carries the build version N750XXUCNG6.
Here are the changes delivered by Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Galaxy Note 3 Neo similar to the update for Galaxy Note 3 phablet according to SamMobile:
1. Android 4.4.2 KitKat music album art on the lock screen while playing music.
2. Camera shortcut is now displayed on the lock screen.
3. Support for more emoji icons for messaging.
4. Option to choose between Samsung Messages and Hangouts as default messaging app.
5. Three pre-loaded default home launchers to choose from: TouchWiz Easy, TouchWiz Basic and third-party app downloaded from the Play Store.
6. Location service integration with more details Location Menu.
7. Wireless Printing service support for compatible printers.
8. Upgraded Google apps and services including Drive and Photos.
9. Upgrade of the Samsung Gear Manager.
10. Improvements on performance and battery life.
How to Install the Update
Users can use three different methods to download and install the Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Galaxy Note 3 Neo. For wireless update, connect the device to mobile data or Wi-Fi then go to Settings > About Phone > Software Updates > Check for Updates. A notification about the new firmware should appear on the screen which guides the user on how to download and install it automatically.
For Samsung Kies, users must download and install the Samsung Kies PC Suite on a computer. After the installation, launch the Samsung Kies program then connect the device using a USB cable and let the drivers to be installed. A notification will appear on the dashboard about the new update with instructions on how to do it. For users knowledgeable of manual flashing, SamMobile already made the official firmware available for download and can be flashed using the ODIN flash tool on a computer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build