Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo: Top Changes and Improvements From Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update
By Ryan Inoyori | August 25, 2014 3:00 PM EST
Android 4.4.2 KitKat official update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo is now available and it includes several changes to boost performance, improve user experience and more. In addition, users are allowed to download and install the update in three different methods.
Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo started rolling in South Korea then followed by the international variant in India. South Korean model of the device received the N750SKSU1BND3 firmware build version via wireless update or Samsung Kies PC Suite while the international firmware that started seeding in India carries the build version N750XXUCNG6.
Here are the changes delivered by Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Galaxy Note 3 Neo similar to the update for Galaxy Note 3 phablet according to SamMobile:
1. Android 4.4.2 KitKat music album art on the lock screen while playing music.
2. Camera shortcut is now displayed on the lock screen.
3. Support for more emoji icons for messaging.
4. Option to choose between Samsung Messages and Hangouts as default messaging app.
5. Three pre-loaded default home launchers to choose from: TouchWiz Easy, TouchWiz Basic and third-party app downloaded from the Play Store.
6. Location service integration with more details Location Menu.
7. Wireless Printing service support for compatible printers.
8. Upgraded Google apps and services including Drive and Photos.
9. Upgrade of the Samsung Gear Manager.
10. Improvements on performance and battery life.
How to Install the Update
Users can use three different methods to download and install the Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Galaxy Note 3 Neo. For wireless update, connect the device to mobile data or Wi-Fi then go to Settings > About Phone > Software Updates > Check for Updates. A notification about the new firmware should appear on the screen which guides the user on how to download and install it automatically.
For Samsung Kies, users must download and install the Samsung Kies PC Suite on a computer. After the installation, launch the Samsung Kies program then connect the device using a USB cable and let the drivers to be installed. A notification will appear on the dashboard about the new update with instructions on how to do it. For users knowledgeable of manual flashing, SamMobile already made the official firmware available for download and can be flashed using the ODIN flash tool on a computer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments