‘Supernatural’ Fans Go Crazy About Season 11 Reports + Jensen Ackles Now on Twitter [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | August 25, 2014 2:58 PM EST
“Supernatural” season 10 hasn’t even started yet, but season 11 is already not too far on the horizon. Also, the elusive Jensen Ackles has finally joined Twitter!
The cast of the CW show – Ackles (Dean Winchester), Jared Padalecki (Sam Winchester) and Misha Collins (Castiel) – were at the Vancouver Comic Con to meet with their fans during the weekend. And somewhere along the expected Q&A about the show’s season 10 future, season 11 was apparently confirmed by either or both Ackles and Padalecki.
Not only that, the whole fandom is also doubly rejoicing because Ackles, who is notoriously private of his life outside his work, has given in to fans’ and co-stars’ pressure and got on to Twitter.
"Supernatural Season 11 has been CONFIRMED! #VanCon" i'm still crying
— sarah (@thatsposey) August 24, 2014
SUPERNATURAL SEASON 11 HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY JENSEN AND JARED THEMSELVES. I have one thing to say, "I'm proud of us." — Jennifer Elaine (@MissMay1st) August 24, 2014
FRICK SEASON 11 OF SUPERNATURAL IS CONFIRMED IM CRYING
— jess (@pizzamancollins) August 24, 2014
#Supernatural Season 11 is confirmed by the boys, now waiting on @cw_spn. Well? — ☆Maggie☆ #OW (@Magalicious8207) August 24, 2014
While another season is generally happy news, some fans express their fear about what it could mean to the show.
Guys... is Season 11 of #Supernatural confirmed to be the last season...? :(
— Daz-Boo (@DazPadAckOllins) August 25, 2014
But is it really?
There has been no word on The CW whether this piece of admittedly exciting news is real or not, but it appears that it’s just a wishful thinking on the part of the fans and the actors.
How did the unconfirmed report come about, though? Apparently, Ackles and Padalecki have let out phrases during their panel that have been interpreted by the VanCon attendees as true and definite.
“We will have season 11 ... Suck it, Welling!” Ackles supposedly have said, probably referring to actor Tom Welling, whose now-defunct “Smallville” show lasted for 10 seasons.
Fans are also counting on The CW President Mark Pedowitz’s promise that the show will stay on air as long as there are viewers.
“As a fan of the show who’s seen every episode, as long as I’m here and those numbers hold, God bless them. They can go as long as they want,” he was quoted by Screen Rant as saying in a previous interview.
Pedowitz is still the president of the network, and the viewers still watch the show. The most recent episode, season 9 finale “Do You Believe in Miracles,” was watched by 2.3 million viewers in the U.S. alone. The show has a very good chance of getting season 11, but sadly, this hasn’t been confirmed yet by the network or the producers.
There’s still plenty of time, though. “Supernatural” hasn’t even premiered its tenth season.
Meanwhile, Ackles and Padalecki’s social media enthusiast co-star, Collins, has sent Ackles a few pointers on how to go about on Twitter.
A few pointers for @jensenackles: 1) When you post something on twitter it's called a "twit." — Misha Collins (@mishacollins) August 24, 2014
— Misha Collins (@mishacollins) August 24, 2014
Also, @jensenackles, twitter sends u a generous check when you "favorite" or "retweet" posts from anyone with "ishacollins" in their handle. — Misha Collins (@mishacollins) August 24, 2014
“Supernatural” season 10 is set to premiere on October 7 in the U.S.
J2 at the 2014 VanCon
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast