‘Supernatural’ Fans Go Crazy About Season 11 Reports + Jensen Ackles Now on Twitter [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | August 25, 2014 2:58 PM EST
“Supernatural” season 10 hasn’t even started yet, but season 11 is already not too far on the horizon. Also, the elusive Jensen Ackles has finally joined Twitter!
The cast of the CW show – Ackles (Dean Winchester), Jared Padalecki (Sam Winchester) and Misha Collins (Castiel) – were at the Vancouver Comic Con to meet with their fans during the weekend. And somewhere along the expected Q&A about the show’s season 10 future, season 11 was apparently confirmed by either or both Ackles and Padalecki.
Not only that, the whole fandom is also doubly rejoicing because Ackles, who is notoriously private of his life outside his work, has given in to fans’ and co-stars’ pressure and got on to Twitter.
"Supernatural Season 11 has been CONFIRMED! #VanCon" i'm still crying
— sarah (@thatsposey) August 24, 2014
SUPERNATURAL SEASON 11 HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY JENSEN AND JARED THEMSELVES. I have one thing to say, "I'm proud of us." — Jennifer Elaine (@MissMay1st) August 24, 2014
FRICK SEASON 11 OF SUPERNATURAL IS CONFIRMED IM CRYING
— jess (@pizzamancollins) August 24, 2014
#Supernatural Season 11 is confirmed by the boys, now waiting on @cw_spn. Well? — ☆Maggie☆ #OW (@Magalicious8207) August 24, 2014
While another season is generally happy news, some fans express their fear about what it could mean to the show.
Guys... is Season 11 of #Supernatural confirmed to be the last season...? :(
— Daz-Boo (@DazPadAckOllins) August 25, 2014
But is it really?
There has been no word on The CW whether this piece of admittedly exciting news is real or not, but it appears that it’s just a wishful thinking on the part of the fans and the actors.
How did the unconfirmed report come about, though? Apparently, Ackles and Padalecki have let out phrases during their panel that have been interpreted by the VanCon attendees as true and definite.
“We will have season 11 ... Suck it, Welling!” Ackles supposedly have said, probably referring to actor Tom Welling, whose now-defunct “Smallville” show lasted for 10 seasons.
Fans are also counting on The CW President Mark Pedowitz’s promise that the show will stay on air as long as there are viewers.
“As a fan of the show who’s seen every episode, as long as I’m here and those numbers hold, God bless them. They can go as long as they want,” he was quoted by Screen Rant as saying in a previous interview.
Pedowitz is still the president of the network, and the viewers still watch the show. The most recent episode, season 9 finale “Do You Believe in Miracles,” was watched by 2.3 million viewers in the U.S. alone. The show has a very good chance of getting season 11, but sadly, this hasn’t been confirmed yet by the network or the producers.
There’s still plenty of time, though. “Supernatural” hasn’t even premiered its tenth season.
Meanwhile, Ackles and Padalecki’s social media enthusiast co-star, Collins, has sent Ackles a few pointers on how to go about on Twitter.
A few pointers for @jensenackles: 1) When you post something on twitter it's called a "twit." — Misha Collins (@mishacollins) August 24, 2014
— Misha Collins (@mishacollins) August 24, 2014
Also, @jensenackles, twitter sends u a generous check when you "favorite" or "retweet" posts from anyone with "ishacollins" in their handle. — Misha Collins (@mishacollins) August 24, 2014
“Supernatural” season 10 is set to premiere on October 7 in the U.S.
J2 at the 2014 VanCon
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date