Motorola News: Moto X+1 Features Leaked, 8 Phones Slated For 2014 And The Latest Android 4.4.4 Debut
By Gel Galang | August 25, 2014 2:51 PM EST
As September and the IFA event in Berlin draw closer, fans anticipating the Motorola Moto X+1 have been scavenging for new tidbits and leaks of the expected device.
The Groupon smartphone app is displayed on a Motorola Droid Bionic cell phone in Denver in this file photo taken November 4, 2011. Groupon Inc slashed its full-year profit outlook on August 5, 2014, citing the need to spend abundantly on marketing to power the once-high-flying Internet coupon company's transition to a more comprehensive online retailer.
This time, a tipster supposedly with a good track record of leaks has stated that there may be two features coming with the Moto X+1 that will put it on a sweet spot among its competition. GSM Arena reports that the Motorola Moto X+1 will have optical zoom and 3D display.
The latter feature, however, is more interesting. Instead of the unpopular 3D display trend, the one for Motorola Moto X+1 may actually be a curved display that would put the brand alongside the names of those who have released phones in that fashion.
Whether or not these features do appear on the actual Motorola Moto X+1 unit is still to be confirmed, to best take this with a grain of salt as per usual.
Motorola to Release 8 Phones in 2014
The year 2014 may be a busy one for Motorola, with eight expected phones that will debut before Christmas, if a new report is to be believed.
Gadgets NDTV has stumbled upon an insider report that claimed the following devices to be revealed and launched before Christmas arrives:
- Droid Maxx
- Droid Turbo
- Moto X+1
- Moto G
- The Nexus codenamed "Shamu"
- Mto X Play
- Moto S
Various rumours have surrounded these devices, though the most important and most anticipated ones are Moto X+1 and Moto G2, predecessor of the Moto X and Moto G respectively, and expected to debut on Sept. 4 at a pre-IFA event.
According to the source, this was validated by Motorola India, where it was confirmed that a Sept. 5 event will be held in lieu of the two mentioned smartphones.
Android 4.4.4 Coming to Moto X
The Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update is visiting Motorola once more, and the next device to lined up for the update is the Moto X in the U.K..
Spotted by Android Central, the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat brings in a number of new features, including the improvements and stability of the new OS, better image quality in camera, a new pause feature, improved Phone dialer for more consistent use and a new Motorola Alert app that will allow for periodic notifications with your location to your contacts. It's also a new app that's currently up for free download over the Google Play Store.
As per usual, there are two ways to download the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat OS, which is either via the wi-fi network or through manual changing of settings, according to the official Motorola website.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop