Nicki Minaj's Wardrobe Malfunction at MTV VMA's: 'Anaconda' Singer Struggles Hard With Her Dress
By Sonalee singh | August 25, 2014 2:41 PM EST
Nicki Minaj won the approval of many as she took the stage at MTV VMA's 2014 in an emerald body suit. The award show had a stellar opening with young blood like Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj and Jessie J serenading the fans with the summer hits: "Break Free," "Anaconda" and "Bang Bang".
Nicki Minaj accepts the award for best female hip hop artist during the 2014 BET Awards in Los Angeles, California June 29, 2014.
But Jamaican beauty Minaj seemingly struggled when she had a costume change between "Anaconda" and "Bang Bang". The rapstress was seen holding tight to her black dress as she tried to cover her skin. For the major chunk of the performance, Minaj had an iron grip on her ensemble. However, Minaj did not stop and continued with her performance.
She danced with the vigour without giving much thought to her purported wardrobe malfunction.
The 31-year-old singer is no stranger to skin show. Much recently, during the launch of her K-Mart collection she was seen skipping the intimates for an upright cleavage show. She even shared a slew of her pictures on her Instagram while dressed in a raunchy ensemble, but it seems during VMA's Minaj was in no mood to display her assets.
Moreover, Minaj's Anaconda video is also laced with saucy shots including the much popular one in which a series of women are seen displaying their rears. But the singer suggested that the video is a beautiful figment of her imagination.
"I wanted to reinstate something. Because of the shift in pop culture, even hip-hop men are really glorifying the less curvy body. I wanted to say, 'Hey ladies, you are beautiful", said Minaj to ABC News. "Hopefully, this changes things and maybe it will not change things, but I love it".
Minaj flourish in the music industry in 2010. Her recent single "Pills and Potions" has helmed the musical charts. She was also seen in the remix of Beyonce's hitsong "Flawless."
"The Pink Print" is Minaj's first album in last two and half years.
"I have not put out an album in over two-and-a-half years", said Minaj in regards to the release of song line up from "The Pink Print". "For me to even still be relevant, I want to say thank you to my fans for keeping my name alive."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier