Nicki Minaj's Wardrobe Malfunction at MTV VMA's: 'Anaconda' Singer Struggles Hard With Her Dress
By Sonalee singh | August 25, 2014 2:41 PM EST
Nicki Minaj won the approval of many as she took the stage at MTV VMA's 2014 in an emerald body suit. The award show had a stellar opening with young blood like Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj and Jessie J serenading the fans with the summer hits: "Break Free," "Anaconda" and "Bang Bang".
Nicki Minaj accepts the award for best female hip hop artist during the 2014 BET Awards in Los Angeles, California June 29, 2014.
But Jamaican beauty Minaj seemingly struggled when she had a costume change between "Anaconda" and "Bang Bang". The rapstress was seen holding tight to her black dress as she tried to cover her skin. For the major chunk of the performance, Minaj had an iron grip on her ensemble. However, Minaj did not stop and continued with her performance.
She danced with the vigour without giving much thought to her purported wardrobe malfunction.
The 31-year-old singer is no stranger to skin show. Much recently, during the launch of her K-Mart collection she was seen skipping the intimates for an upright cleavage show. She even shared a slew of her pictures on her Instagram while dressed in a raunchy ensemble, but it seems during VMA's Minaj was in no mood to display her assets.
Moreover, Minaj's Anaconda video is also laced with saucy shots including the much popular one in which a series of women are seen displaying their rears. But the singer suggested that the video is a beautiful figment of her imagination.
"I wanted to reinstate something. Because of the shift in pop culture, even hip-hop men are really glorifying the less curvy body. I wanted to say, 'Hey ladies, you are beautiful", said Minaj to ABC News. "Hopefully, this changes things and maybe it will not change things, but I love it".
Minaj flourish in the music industry in 2010. Her recent single "Pills and Potions" has helmed the musical charts. She was also seen in the remix of Beyonce's hitsong "Flawless."
"The Pink Print" is Minaj's first album in last two and half years.
"I have not put out an album in over two-and-a-half years", said Minaj in regards to the release of song line up from "The Pink Print". "For me to even still be relevant, I want to say thank you to my fans for keeping my name alive."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage