Nicki Minaj's Wardrobe Malfunction at MTV VMA's: 'Anaconda' Singer Struggles Hard With Her Dress
By Sonalee singh | August 25, 2014 2:41 PM EST
Nicki Minaj won the approval of many as she took the stage at MTV VMA's 2014 in an emerald body suit. The award show had a stellar opening with young blood like Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj and Jessie J serenading the fans with the summer hits: "Break Free," "Anaconda" and "Bang Bang".
Nicki Minaj accepts the award for best female hip hop artist during the 2014 BET Awards in Los Angeles, California June 29, 2014.
But Jamaican beauty Minaj seemingly struggled when she had a costume change between "Anaconda" and "Bang Bang". The rapstress was seen holding tight to her black dress as she tried to cover her skin. For the major chunk of the performance, Minaj had an iron grip on her ensemble. However, Minaj did not stop and continued with her performance.
She danced with the vigour without giving much thought to her purported wardrobe malfunction.
The 31-year-old singer is no stranger to skin show. Much recently, during the launch of her K-Mart collection she was seen skipping the intimates for an upright cleavage show. She even shared a slew of her pictures on her Instagram while dressed in a raunchy ensemble, but it seems during VMA's Minaj was in no mood to display her assets.
Moreover, Minaj's Anaconda video is also laced with saucy shots including the much popular one in which a series of women are seen displaying their rears. But the singer suggested that the video is a beautiful figment of her imagination.
"I wanted to reinstate something. Because of the shift in pop culture, even hip-hop men are really glorifying the less curvy body. I wanted to say, 'Hey ladies, you are beautiful", said Minaj to ABC News. "Hopefully, this changes things and maybe it will not change things, but I love it".
Minaj flourish in the music industry in 2010. Her recent single "Pills and Potions" has helmed the musical charts. She was also seen in the remix of Beyonce's hitsong "Flawless."
"The Pink Print" is Minaj's first album in last two and half years.
"I have not put out an album in over two-and-a-half years", said Minaj in regards to the release of song line up from "The Pink Print". "For me to even still be relevant, I want to say thank you to my fans for keeping my name alive."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery