Transfer News: Van Gaal Believes Man Utd Can Land Di Maria And Messi
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 25, 2014 2:20 PM EST
In the wake of his side's winless run in the Premier League, Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal seems to be desperate in landing world-class players in the likeness of Angel di Maria, and ambitiously, Lionel Messi, to help him make the 3-5-2 work.
Barcelona's Lionel Messi celebrates his second goal against Elche during their Spanish first division soccer match at Camp Nou stadium in Barcelona August 24, 2014.
The Red Devils dropped points anew on Sunday with a 1-1 draw at the Stadium of Light after bowing down to Swansea City during their opener.
"I like Di María but I like Lionel Messi also," said the Dutchman.
"It is not only Di María , maybe it's Messi too. We are a big club."
Lack of creativity upfront is the culprit that Van Gaal is looking to rectify, as his personnel were able to keep majority of the possession against Sunderland, but failed to take full advantage of the circumstance.
"You need creative passing in the last third but our balls were not so good," he added.
"We were dominating without creating chances."
"There were so many chances we didn't create. And that's disappointing."
The La Liga duo are superior in their own right. Di Maria is more of a creative force tallying 26 assists in all competitions for Real Madrid, while the "Little Magician" leans toward producing more goals with 41 in total, but is also an abled provider, recording 16 set-ups.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia