JWoww is Totally For Botox: Benefits and Side Effects of Botox
By Sarah Thomas | August 25, 2014 1:22 PM EST
Jenni "JWoww" Farley is all ready to release her new film that she has produced entitled Jersey Shore Massacre. She also recently gave birth to daughter named Meilani Alexandra and has started posting pictures of her post baby body, which is absolutely stunning. JWoww has taken to dieting and has found a doctor for microderms and skin tightening. She has left no stone unturned in order to maintain her beauty.
Jennifer Farley, also known as JWoww, arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
But she says that she would never go in for plastic surgery, "All those nose jobs and cheek implants and stuff like that. And people get those and can never go back to what they were. I love my nose". She also revealed that she is not comfortable with a plastic surgery for the face and fears once she goes under the knife, she may lose her looks forever.
She however, does not mind a Botox and said that she would "totally" go in for it, surgeries in any other part of the body was fine with her as well. JWoww said, "I am getting up there in age - I am almost 30 years old. I do not like wrinkles. But I would not go overboard and get that frozen face when you are trying to cry and look like you are smiling".
Botox is used to get rid of wrinkles; it blocks the nerves that contract muscles and thus the wrinkles are softened. Monica Halem, MD., Columbia University dermatologist explained that if one refrains from moving a muscle too much, the wrinkle will not form. She states that Botox is a preventive measure.
Though there are several people who take to Botox to look younger, one must be aware of the side effects as well. Headaches, bruising, pain in the area that was injected and in some cases drooping eyelids and eyebrows that could come back to form are the short term side effects.
Dr. Peter Misra, London based consultant said in the British Medical Journal that though the side effects are rare, a growing use can cause a potential risk. In this atmosphere of "Botox partiesî where champagne sipping socialites are injected with botulinum toxin, it is easy to forget that botulinum toxin is a potent neurotoxin", Misra explained. The long term effect of Botox is still unknown.
The FDA recommends for those who are breastfeeding, pregnant women and women who want to get pregnant to first consult their doctor and find out if it is safe and only then go ahead with the procedures.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Bill Gates Believes Ebola Could Spread Outside West Africa, Warns Countries Should Strengthen Healthcare
- Australia's Response to Ebola Crisis 'Lethally Inadequate'
- A Baby Shot In The Head Due To Hunting Accident In Pennsylvania; Chances of Blindness
- Sex In The City Actress Kim Cattrall Embraces Menopause
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build