JWoww is Totally For Botox: Benefits and Side Effects of Botox
By Sarah Thomas | August 25, 2014 1:22 PM EST
Jenni "JWoww" Farley is all ready to release her new film that she has produced entitled Jersey Shore Massacre. She also recently gave birth to daughter named Meilani Alexandra and has started posting pictures of her post baby body, which is absolutely stunning. JWoww has taken to dieting and has found a doctor for microderms and skin tightening. She has left no stone unturned in order to maintain her beauty.
Jennifer Farley, also known as JWoww, arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
But she says that she would never go in for plastic surgery, "All those nose jobs and cheek implants and stuff like that. And people get those and can never go back to what they were. I love my nose". She also revealed that she is not comfortable with a plastic surgery for the face and fears once she goes under the knife, she may lose her looks forever.
She however, does not mind a Botox and said that she would "totally" go in for it, surgeries in any other part of the body was fine with her as well. JWoww said, "I am getting up there in age - I am almost 30 years old. I do not like wrinkles. But I would not go overboard and get that frozen face when you are trying to cry and look like you are smiling".
Botox is used to get rid of wrinkles; it blocks the nerves that contract muscles and thus the wrinkles are softened. Monica Halem, MD., Columbia University dermatologist explained that if one refrains from moving a muscle too much, the wrinkle will not form. She states that Botox is a preventive measure.
Though there are several people who take to Botox to look younger, one must be aware of the side effects as well. Headaches, bruising, pain in the area that was injected and in some cases drooping eyelids and eyebrows that could come back to form are the short term side effects.
Dr. Peter Misra, London based consultant said in the British Medical Journal that though the side effects are rare, a growing use can cause a potential risk. In this atmosphere of "Botox partiesî where champagne sipping socialites are injected with botulinum toxin, it is easy to forget that botulinum toxin is a potent neurotoxin", Misra explained. The long term effect of Botox is still unknown.
The FDA recommends for those who are breastfeeding, pregnant women and women who want to get pregnant to first consult their doctor and find out if it is safe and only then go ahead with the procedures.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Airborne Version of Ebola Virus Could Wipe Out 1.2 Million; Aussie Doctor Appeals For Help
- Justin Bieber Strips for Fashion Week, Flashes Six Pack Abs: His Diet and Workout Secrets
- Kim Kardashian's Pregnancy Glow Returns; Rumour Mill Suggests That Kim Is Pregnant
- Research Finds African Americans and Caribbean Blacks Experiencing Discrimination are at a Greater Risk for Mental Disorders
- Joan Rivers May Have Died From Propofol Like Michael Jackson
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet