JWoww is Totally For Botox: Benefits and Side Effects of Botox
By Sarah Thomas | August 25, 2014 1:22 PM EST
Jenni "JWoww" Farley is all ready to release her new film that she has produced entitled Jersey Shore Massacre. She also recently gave birth to daughter named Meilani Alexandra and has started posting pictures of her post baby body, which is absolutely stunning. JWoww has taken to dieting and has found a doctor for microderms and skin tightening. She has left no stone unturned in order to maintain her beauty.
Jennifer Farley, also known as JWoww, arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
But she says that she would never go in for plastic surgery, "All those nose jobs and cheek implants and stuff like that. And people get those and can never go back to what they were. I love my nose". She also revealed that she is not comfortable with a plastic surgery for the face and fears once she goes under the knife, she may lose her looks forever.
She however, does not mind a Botox and said that she would "totally" go in for it, surgeries in any other part of the body was fine with her as well. JWoww said, "I am getting up there in age - I am almost 30 years old. I do not like wrinkles. But I would not go overboard and get that frozen face when you are trying to cry and look like you are smiling".
Botox is used to get rid of wrinkles; it blocks the nerves that contract muscles and thus the wrinkles are softened. Monica Halem, MD., Columbia University dermatologist explained that if one refrains from moving a muscle too much, the wrinkle will not form. She states that Botox is a preventive measure.
Though there are several people who take to Botox to look younger, one must be aware of the side effects as well. Headaches, bruising, pain in the area that was injected and in some cases drooping eyelids and eyebrows that could come back to form are the short term side effects.
Dr. Peter Misra, London based consultant said in the British Medical Journal that though the side effects are rare, a growing use can cause a potential risk. In this atmosphere of "Botox partiesî where champagne sipping socialites are injected with botulinum toxin, it is easy to forget that botulinum toxin is a potent neurotoxin", Misra explained. The long term effect of Botox is still unknown.
The FDA recommends for those who are breastfeeding, pregnant women and women who want to get pregnant to first consult their doctor and find out if it is safe and only then go ahead with the procedures.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Spreads Through Red Cross Vaccine - Ghana Nurse ‘Testifies’; The Truth About Red Cross
- Ebola Outbreak To Continue Until Effective Vaccine Surfaces; 120,000 Women To Die of Childbirth
- Ebola Outbreak Blamed on Infected Bushmeat; First Family to Catch Virus Hunted Bats
- Ebola Is Changing The Religious Landscape In West Africa
- Ebola Does Not Infect But Scares Southwestern College To Evacuate Students
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks