'Far Cry 4' Details Pagan Min’s Assistant, Title Playable At PAX Prime 2014
By Gel Galang | August 25, 2014 1:10 PM EST
If Pagan Min's flashy hairdo and flashier pink suit already came as a shocking surprise for "Far Cry 4," fans are in for more as Ubisoft recently revealed another character in the game.
As far as their looks and overall appeal go, Pagan Min and Yuma look like they really are from both sides of the team, with Pagan Min's frivolous and outgoing nature complemented by what feels like Yuma's fierce and unforgiving aura, as far as her stare goes.
"Meet Yuma: Deadly tactician, general of the Royal Army, and Pagan Min's right-hand woman."
Ubisoft has not yet announced if there will be a trailer dedicated to Yuma alone, but it would be interesting to see her true nature and just what her role would be in "Far Cry 4."
'Far Cry 4's' Shangri-La Detailed
As far as reveals go, however, Ubisoft has recently revealed a new trailer showing off Kyrat in all its vibrant colours and landscapes.
The trailer, seen below, is emphasized as having a jungle that you can explore, but also a mythological aspect to it that the creators call as "the living legends." Taking up the stance of the warrior Kalinag and aided by the mythical tiger, "Far Cry 4" will also take on a more spiritual experience with a mission of enlightenment and a battle against the demonic forces of Rakshasa.
"I think it was important for us to create this story and this backstory with the Rakshasa. We didn't want to have enemies that were just lurking around, waiting for you to kill them," says Creative Studio advisor at Ubisoft Toronto Maxime Béland over at the Ubisoft Blog.
Shangri-La is, indeed, one of those beautiful but deadly places where danger is mixed in with the scenery.
"Shangri-La is one of the founding myths of Kyrat," added creative director Alex Hutchinson. "While we were developing the game, we thought: We're going to invent this country. A country isn't just the land. It's also the history of the place and what its inhabitants believe in."
Expect a PAX Prime 2014 Appearance
In any case, "Far Cry 4" will be joining a number of Ubisoft's upcoming releases at the PAX Prime this Aug. 29 to Sept. 1.
According to PlayStation Lifestyle, some of the titles present at the event in Seattle include "Assassin's Creed Unity," "Assassin's Creed Rogue," "Toy Soldiers: War Chest," "The Crew" and "Far Cry 4." However, only the latter two will be playable at the event.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect