'Far Cry 4' Details Pagan Min’s Assistant, Title Playable At PAX Prime 2014
By Gel Galang | August 25, 2014 1:10 PM EST
If Pagan Min's flashy hairdo and flashier pink suit already came as a shocking surprise for "Far Cry 4," fans are in for more as Ubisoft recently revealed another character in the game.
As far as their looks and overall appeal go, Pagan Min and Yuma look like they really are from both sides of the team, with Pagan Min's frivolous and outgoing nature complemented by what feels like Yuma's fierce and unforgiving aura, as far as her stare goes.
"Meet Yuma: Deadly tactician, general of the Royal Army, and Pagan Min's right-hand woman."
Ubisoft has not yet announced if there will be a trailer dedicated to Yuma alone, but it would be interesting to see her true nature and just what her role would be in "Far Cry 4."
'Far Cry 4's' Shangri-La Detailed
As far as reveals go, however, Ubisoft has recently revealed a new trailer showing off Kyrat in all its vibrant colours and landscapes.
The trailer, seen below, is emphasized as having a jungle that you can explore, but also a mythological aspect to it that the creators call as "the living legends." Taking up the stance of the warrior Kalinag and aided by the mythical tiger, "Far Cry 4" will also take on a more spiritual experience with a mission of enlightenment and a battle against the demonic forces of Rakshasa.
"I think it was important for us to create this story and this backstory with the Rakshasa. We didn't want to have enemies that were just lurking around, waiting for you to kill them," says Creative Studio advisor at Ubisoft Toronto Maxime Béland over at the Ubisoft Blog.
Shangri-La is, indeed, one of those beautiful but deadly places where danger is mixed in with the scenery.
"Shangri-La is one of the founding myths of Kyrat," added creative director Alex Hutchinson. "While we were developing the game, we thought: We're going to invent this country. A country isn't just the land. It's also the history of the place and what its inhabitants believe in."
Expect a PAX Prime 2014 Appearance
In any case, "Far Cry 4" will be joining a number of Ubisoft's upcoming releases at the PAX Prime this Aug. 29 to Sept. 1.
According to PlayStation Lifestyle, some of the titles present at the event in Seattle include "Assassin's Creed Unity," "Assassin's Creed Rogue," "Toy Soldiers: War Chest," "The Crew" and "Far Cry 4." However, only the latter two will be playable at the event.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James