'Minecraft' PS4 Fails Certification But 'Minecraft 1.8' Update Gets First Pre-Release
By Gel Galang | August 25, 2014 12:47 PM EST
Developer 4J Studios may have sent the "Minecraft PS4 Edition" to Sony for certification testing, and fans may have already started looking at the August release date of the title, but a speedy release may not be the case.
Coders rest in the office of Mojang, a small Swedish company behind the wildly popular Minecraft video game, in Stockholm, in this January 21, 2013 file photo. A decade ago Sweden was one of the world's most taxed nations, but the government has since cut income taxes and abolished inheritance taxes. The government says the cuts as well as strong government finances have helped triple-A rated Sweden outpace much of European growth since the 2008 crisis. Swedes with jobs have seen their disposable income soar and startups like Mojang - creator of computer game Minecraft - have blossomed. But not everyone is benefiting equally. The share of people in Sweden who have less income than half the national median rose to 9 percent of the population in 2010, from 5 percent in 2004, according to the OECD. Promising no more cuts to welfare, Stefan Lofven is expected to win the September 2014 election with a centre-left coalition, ending eight years under a centre-right government.
In a recent update over their official Twitter, 4J Studios announced that they will be repeating the process due to failure to pass the cert testing.
The developers did not expound on what exactly that means for "Minecraft PS4 Edition," though hopefully it won't mean too long a delay because of this.
4J Studios has been keeping mum about the updates for the "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" and "Minecraft PS Vita Edition," and some fans are already becoming anxious over the lack of updates.
All three editions had been announced to hit its target August 2014 release date, though at this rate, a delay seems to be inevitable for all the upcoming platforms.
In the meantime, those who are also playing "Minecraft" on the PC, Mojang has more news on the "Minecraft 1.8 Update." The latest blog post over at the official Mojang website, the developers have shown off the "Minecraft 1.8" pre-release, tagged as the bountiful update.
"These changes consist of both new features, and large game structure changes such as replacing the hard-coded 'block renderer' with a system that is able to read block shapes from data files, or performance enhancements such as multi-threading the client-side chunk rendering," said Mojang.
The developers add that the "Minecraft 1.8 Update" will be launched on Sept. 2, and will bring in several changes.
A long list of changes has been listed by the developers, but some notable additions include the following:
- Granite, Andesite and Diorite stone blocks with smooth versions
- Slime Block
- Iron Trapdoor
- Prismarine and Sea Lantern blocks
- Ocean Monument
- Red Sandstone
- Armor Stands
- Coarse Dirt
- Guardian mobs with item drops
- Endermite mob
- Rabbit with item drops
- Mutton and Cooked Mutton
- Spectator Game Mode
- New achievement
- Customized world type
- Hidden "Debug Mode" world type
- New commands
- New player model
- New options for configuration
Check out the complete list of changes in the link above.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS