'Minecraft' PS4 Fails Certification But 'Minecraft 1.8' Update Gets First Pre-Release
By Gel Galang | August 25, 2014 12:47 PM EST
Developer 4J Studios may have sent the "Minecraft PS4 Edition" to Sony for certification testing, and fans may have already started looking at the August release date of the title, but a speedy release may not be the case.
Coders rest in the office of Mojang, a small Swedish company behind the wildly popular Minecraft video game, in Stockholm, in this January 21, 2013 file photo. A decade ago Sweden was one of the world's most taxed nations, but the government has since cut income taxes and abolished inheritance taxes. The government says the cuts as well as strong government finances have helped triple-A rated Sweden outpace much of European growth since the 2008 crisis. Swedes with jobs have seen their disposable income soar and startups like Mojang - creator of computer game Minecraft - have blossomed. But not everyone is benefiting equally. The share of people in Sweden who have less income than half the national median rose to 9 percent of the population in 2010, from 5 percent in 2004, according to the OECD. Promising no more cuts to welfare, Stefan Lofven is expected to win the September 2014 election with a centre-left coalition, ending eight years under a centre-right government.
In a recent update over their official Twitter, 4J Studios announced that they will be repeating the process due to failure to pass the cert testing.
The developers did not expound on what exactly that means for "Minecraft PS4 Edition," though hopefully it won't mean too long a delay because of this.
4J Studios has been keeping mum about the updates for the "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" and "Minecraft PS Vita Edition," and some fans are already becoming anxious over the lack of updates.
All three editions had been announced to hit its target August 2014 release date, though at this rate, a delay seems to be inevitable for all the upcoming platforms.
In the meantime, those who are also playing "Minecraft" on the PC, Mojang has more news on the "Minecraft 1.8 Update." The latest blog post over at the official Mojang website, the developers have shown off the "Minecraft 1.8" pre-release, tagged as the bountiful update.
"These changes consist of both new features, and large game structure changes such as replacing the hard-coded 'block renderer' with a system that is able to read block shapes from data files, or performance enhancements such as multi-threading the client-side chunk rendering," said Mojang.
The developers add that the "Minecraft 1.8 Update" will be launched on Sept. 2, and will bring in several changes.
A long list of changes has been listed by the developers, but some notable additions include the following:
- Granite, Andesite and Diorite stone blocks with smooth versions
- Slime Block
- Iron Trapdoor
- Prismarine and Sea Lantern blocks
- Ocean Monument
- Red Sandstone
- Armor Stands
- Coarse Dirt
- Guardian mobs with item drops
- Endermite mob
- Rabbit with item drops
- Mutton and Cooked Mutton
- Spectator Game Mode
- New achievement
- Customized world type
- Hidden "Debug Mode" world type
- New commands
- New player model
- New options for configuration
Check out the complete list of changes in the link above.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments