'Minecraft' PS4 Fails Certification But 'Minecraft 1.8' Update Gets First Pre-Release
By Gel Galang | August 25, 2014 12:47 PM EST
Developer 4J Studios may have sent the "Minecraft PS4 Edition" to Sony for certification testing, and fans may have already started looking at the August release date of the title, but a speedy release may not be the case.
Coders rest in the office of Mojang, a small Swedish company behind the wildly popular Minecraft video game, in Stockholm, in this January 21, 2013 file photo. A decade ago Sweden was one of the world's most taxed nations, but the government has since cut income taxes and abolished inheritance taxes. The government says the cuts as well as strong government finances have helped triple-A rated Sweden outpace much of European growth since the 2008 crisis. Swedes with jobs have seen their disposable income soar and startups like Mojang - creator of computer game Minecraft - have blossomed. But not everyone is benefiting equally. The share of people in Sweden who have less income than half the national median rose to 9 percent of the population in 2010, from 5 percent in 2004, according to the OECD. Promising no more cuts to welfare, Stefan Lofven is expected to win the September 2014 election with a centre-left coalition, ending eight years under a centre-right government.
In a recent update over their official Twitter, 4J Studios announced that they will be repeating the process due to failure to pass the cert testing.
The developers did not expound on what exactly that means for "Minecraft PS4 Edition," though hopefully it won't mean too long a delay because of this.
4J Studios has been keeping mum about the updates for the "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" and "Minecraft PS Vita Edition," and some fans are already becoming anxious over the lack of updates.
All three editions had been announced to hit its target August 2014 release date, though at this rate, a delay seems to be inevitable for all the upcoming platforms.
In the meantime, those who are also playing "Minecraft" on the PC, Mojang has more news on the "Minecraft 1.8 Update." The latest blog post over at the official Mojang website, the developers have shown off the "Minecraft 1.8" pre-release, tagged as the bountiful update.
"These changes consist of both new features, and large game structure changes such as replacing the hard-coded 'block renderer' with a system that is able to read block shapes from data files, or performance enhancements such as multi-threading the client-side chunk rendering," said Mojang.
The developers add that the "Minecraft 1.8 Update" will be launched on Sept. 2, and will bring in several changes.
A long list of changes has been listed by the developers, but some notable additions include the following:
- Granite, Andesite and Diorite stone blocks with smooth versions
- Slime Block
- Iron Trapdoor
- Prismarine and Sea Lantern blocks
- Ocean Monument
- Red Sandstone
- Armor Stands
- Coarse Dirt
- Guardian mobs with item drops
- Endermite mob
- Rabbit with item drops
- Mutton and Cooked Mutton
- Spectator Game Mode
- New achievement
- Customized world type
- Hidden "Debug Mode" world type
- New commands
- New player model
- New options for configuration
Check out the complete list of changes in the link above.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact Gets Certified For 23.0.1.A.1.43, Xperia Z3 Dual For 23.0.F.1.82
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including Hallow's End And The Latest Resolved Issues Regarding The 'WoW' User Interface, Classes, Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Gets A New Trailer And Hidden Demo Missions
- Check Out The ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection’ Ranking, New Anniversary Trailer And Level Walkthroughs
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists